• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Owen Holland's Rustication by cambridge is Deeply Undesirable

... i have been reading with growing disquiet these last few days about the rustication of Mr Owen Holland by Cambridge University; sent down for two and a half years for reading a poem ...

i find the singling out of one protester for exemplary sentencing appalling - let's shoot every tenth one eh ...

this piece sums it up well, you can find other commentary and reporting in the press
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    ... i have been reading with growing disquiet these last few days about the rustication of Mr Owen Holland by Cambridge University; sent down for two and a half years for reading a poem ...

i find the singling out of one protester for exemplary sentencing appalling - let's shoot every tenth one eh ...

this piece sums it up well, you can find other commentary and reporting in the press
    This does seem very unreasonable, according to what's reported.

Comment

• John Skelton

There is a petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...rsity-student/.
      Also http://www.defendeducation.co.uk/pre...aceful-protest

Comment

• amateur51

If this had happened in Tehran of course, the Tories and others would be sucking their teeth and shaking their heads, rumbling on about free speech.

What is happening to free speech in this country is very worrying and a national disgrace.

Where's that petition?

Comment

• kernelbogey
          • Nov 2010

Thanks John: I've signed. kb

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post

Thanks for posting this Calum, without which....???

I had to check it wasn't April 1st. The way they did it in the olden days was better: "Unless one of you owns up, you're all staying behind for detention".

Rustication eh? - I always thought that an architectural feature... another form of rendering...

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Victor Meldrew would have said " Unbelievable".

But sadly it's all too believable.

At least he has lived to tell the tale unlike some other people who say things that those at the top don't like........
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
              X