X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anotherbob
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    Well that sounds very odd. I have certainly never found it to be like that. On the contrary.
    My mates and I being men of the liberal left are perhaps more sensitive to such an atmosphere than your good self

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Perhaps you're one of them... ?

Sorry, couldn't resist
      Hmmm....never thought of that. Do you think my choice of runabout makes a difference?

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Anna

I have no idea what car that is posted by Mr. Pee, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous! Although having no interest in cars, or the racing of them, I can appreciate the sinuous, sexy, flowing, lines of many of them.
        In fact, I do have one framed car print at home, it's a Bugatti 35 poster by Ernst Dryden. I also like the Monaco posters Caliban has in his hall as I love 1930s design.

Comment

• anotherbob
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
          Hmmm....never thought of that. Do you think my choice of runabout makes a difference?
          You left your daily drive at home then

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            Oh yes, I'd particularly like to see them take the railway bridge sharp S at the end of the Honiton Bye-pass....
            I would have liked to have seen them do that in the snow last week..that is just where I was stuck.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              I have no idea what car that is posted by Mr. Pee, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
              It is a 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, and in 2009 it sold for 12.1 million dollars at auction. Sadly, it is not really my regular run about. It is absolutely beautiful, isn't it?

I should just add that I do not drive a Sky van either, anotherbob, even though it is probably nearer to my budget!!
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by anotherbob View Post
                Thought I should reset my avatar.....
                For the benefit of amateur51 the picture is Prince Bira of Siam in a Maserati at San Remo in1950....
                .... and speaking of princes this picture of Mum and Dad Grimaldi appears on P.4 of the Monaco programme. Never got an invitation for drinkies.

There's a race report here

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/rr112.html
                Some great names from my childhood there anotherbob - many thanks. Great new avatar too

Comment

Working...
                X