X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    the service ought to be good.......subsidies are as high as ever, and fares are skyrocketing.

As I said, a day and a half's wages on minimum wage for a day return from salisbury to london.
    I agree entirely about the fares, as I said above, I've been off work following hospital treatment for nearly two weeks and am making a major saving by not going in! It's an issue that needs to be addressed. With travelling and the taxman I am probably working 6 or 7 weeks for nothing! There are times when I think I would be better off on the dole. Factor in the useless managers and usual hassle of a typical day in the office then it begins to look like an attractive option.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      I agree entirely about the fares, as I said above, I've been off work following hospital treatment for nearly two weeks and am making a major saving by not going in! It's an issue that needs to be addressed. With travelling and the taxman I am probably working 6 or 7 weeks for nothing! There are times when I think I would be better off on the dole. Factor in the useless managers and usual hassle of a typical day in the office then it begins to look like an attractive option.
      I think your comments about work will find a sympathetic audience here !!

Modern work places are frequently unpleasant places to be. It didn't have to be that way.......

anyway, hope the recuperation is going well.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
      X