Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    I specifically asked RW whether there was a prospect of giving JL another daytime slot
    Thank you for doing so. For what it's worth, I think Saturday afternoon is pretty poor across the network. Sport apart, it is the only time of the week when I find that there is hardly anything worthwhile on the BBC.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-03-12, 01:30.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      I was just reading about that. Radio 3 appears to be the BBC's 'Host Broadcaster' ("As the host broadcaster for Music Nation").
      Has anyone been tuned in for the Music Nation weekend? I didn't hear any of it last night but noticed that Lats posted about it elsewhere (and he seemed not to have been impressed) I started listening this morning (I think it was highlights from last night?) and to be honest, I eventually switched off and migrated to R4.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Has anyone been tuned in for the Music Nation weekend? I didn't hear any of it last night but noticed that Lats posted about it elsewhere (and he seemed not to have been impressed) I started listening this morning (I think it was highlights from last night?) and to be honest, I eventually switched off and migrated to R4.
        Same here. I shall listen to the highlights from Shrewsbury at 6.30 p.m. Nicholas Ward (former leader of the City of London Sinfonia) is the 'star' of a number of the local concerts organized in local churches by his sister.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Referring to Anna's comment, I spoke too soon about "Music Nation". I heard snippets throughout last night. There was endless, and often tortuous, discussion about the parallels between sport and music. It really did sound like 5 Live with Bolero as I have mentioned elsewhere. Like Anna, I would be interested to hear if there has been anything other people liked.

Comment

Working...
          X