• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    with very disturbed passengers driving at 15mph on the M62.

Even more disturbed fellow road-users

Did the Greater Manchester Constabulary not take some sort of interest?!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Even more disturbed fellow road-users Did the Greater Manchester Constabulary not take some sort of interest?!
      No they didn't Caliban. Nowhere to be seen. It was a very dark and rainy night. Seemed like the end of the world at the time but I have very fond memories. We all had our ups and downs but the North was pretty good to me. Atmospheric.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

...the North. Atmospheric.

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

trolley? dark nights M62? ...methinks that King Kennytone neo situationist was about .... were any badgers harmed?
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            trolley? dark nights M62? ...methinks that King Kennytone neo situationist was about .... were any badgers harmed?
            O for the hills and far away...

Prompting me to ask: Anyone here remember those road signs in the early days of motorways indicating a service area? The sign showed, from left to right, (not necessarily in this order), A petrol pump, a knife and fork, a teacup and saucer, and the capital letter P.

We were driving north up the M1, and, as soon as we saw the service area sign, Mum pipped up, "Oh good, it says there's a Ladies"!

Dad was always rude about Yorkshire. We passed a sign which said "Slow Children Crossing". "We've arrived in Yorkshire dear", he said.

He liked misreading road signs. Two of his favourites were, "New Laid Eggs Drive Up Here", and "Congealed Entrance".

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              There might have been one of the bonnet. I wouldn't know. I had my eyes closed.

"A petrol pump, a knife and fork, a teacup and saucer, and the capital letter P" - Sounds like Gong or Funkadelic.
              Last edited by Guest; 22-03-12, 00:37.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

"A petrol pump, a knife and fork, a teacup and saucer, and the capital letter P" - Sounds like Gong or Funkadelic.
                Or an Alphabetical Associations clue!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Or an Alphabetical Associations clue!

Comment

• aeolium
                    • Nov 2010

MBers may find this website of interest if they want to check back over previous days' evidence and witness statements. Also on the 'News' page of the Hacked Off website, bottom right, it's possible to subscribe to their newsletters, which contain inter al video and written evidence for the previous 2 weeks' hearings, listed by name. It's quite useful for people unable or unwilling to follow the sessions as they are being transmitted live. The Hacked Off website provides the information more helpfully than the Inquiry website, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X