• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Leveson II The Police

...ah bliss the best daytime tv in the history of the world is with us again .....

what a self serving bunch of weasels the Met Apco lot are ... [what is the collective noun for weasels and am i being unfair to the creatures?]

initial reports presage great revelations ....
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • handsomefortune

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    ...ah bliss the best daytime tv in the history of the world is with us again .....

initial reports presage great revelations ....
    congratulations on your brand new thread calum da jazbo!

i fully agree regarding 'best daytime tv' .... tis too! 'best' as in most mentally nutritious perhaps?

fancy... charlotte church criticising a multi national corporation - and publicly!

(i'm not sure about the answer to your weasel inquiry ..... i'll leave it to a word bod to respond to)

Comment

• subcontrabass
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      [what is the collective noun for weasels and am i being unfair to the creatures?]
      A "sneak" of weasels.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
        A "sneak" of weasels.
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• umslopogaas
          • Nov 2010

I just looked up weasels in my copy of Step's 'Animal Life of the British Isles' and it notes that they sometimes hunt in family packs, so I guess "pack of weasels" fits the bill.

Not sure though that it is appropriate to describe the Murdoch press as a pack of weasels, because weasels actually do a valuable job in controlling rats and other vermin ...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
            I just looked up weasels in my copy of Step's 'Animal Life of the British Isles' and it notes that they sometimes hunt in family packs, so I guess "pack of weasels" fits the bill.

Not sure though that it is appropriate to describe the Murdoch press as a pack of weasels, because weasels actually do a valuable job in controlling rats and other vermin ...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

weasels actually do a valuable job in controlling rats and other vermin ...
              er well i was seeking to apply the metaphor to the metropolitan plod senior ranks so mebbe it is highly fitting!
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Module II is off to a flying start ....

Police are investigating a "network of corrupt officials" as part of their inquiries into phone hacking and police corruption, a media inquiry has heard. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers told the Leveson Inquiry evidence suggested a "culture of illegal payments" at the Sun newspaper. She said payments allegedly made by the Sun were authorised at a senior level.

Police are investigating a "network of corrupt officials" as part of their inquiries into phone hacking and police corruption, the Leveson Inquiry hears.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post

Both sneak and pack are valid.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Module II is off to a flying start ....

Police are investigating a "network of corrupt officials" as part of their inquiries into phone hacking and police corruption, a media inquiry has heard. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers told the Leveson Inquiry evidence suggested a "culture of illegal payments" at the Sun newspaper. She said payments allegedly made by the Sun were authorised at a senior level.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17173438
                    Watch out, Am - you'll suffer the wrath of Pee!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                      Watch out, Am - you'll suffer the wrath of Pee!
                      Heaven forfend!

Comment

• Mahlerei

It just gets better:

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

Comment

• amateur51

This charming piece ....

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Will Stephenson be interviewed? I had serious doubts about him the moment he became the man in charge. To herald his arrival, and to put his mark on the force, this occurred within a ten minute walk from here -

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

....Good that Simon Hughes has done his bit. Sounded effective. This Jacqui Hames part though is something else. Don't let the horse distract.

Hames - tracked by Mulcaire - who also tracked Detective Cook (Mr Hames) - who was in charge of the investigation of the murder of Daniel Morgan - who had fallen out with ex-business partner and police news gatherer Jonathan Rees - who was found to have planted cocaine on a woman (jailed 2000) - and on his release was appointed by Coulson.

Cameron's decison to appoint the latter does seem very odd in the circumstances. You would think almost that there was another reason but I am sure it is whiter than white.

(Wasn't Jill Dando (sadly died 1999) on the same programme as Hames? - http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...es-says-bbc.do)
                              Last edited by Guest; 28-02-12, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X