Room 101 - what single aspect of modern life should be consigned to oblivion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Auferstehen2

Or people who want to know how to make me cross...

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Or people who say, "Parlano Italiano?

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Bless 'em all!

Mario

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

Automated phone messages telling me that I could be entitled to thousands of £££

And banks & building societies phoning in the middle of tea wanting to speak to my wife.... (they never seem to want me fortunately!)
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

TRAILERS!!! Even before Newsnight! And more and more TRAILERS!! You reach in a mad panic for the mute button... but I have to look away too, the jump-cutting makes me giddy!

The obsession with celebrity gets worse and worse... trouble is, people will keep buying those publications...

Caliban, about those heels.
            As one who regularly wears 3-inch stilettos ( not counting wellies I have a grand total of 1 pair of Flats) the problem is that some come with metal tips to the heels, and they never wear out; but you can't tell what a din they're going to make when trying them on, you buy them if they look good and feel good, so...
            You can replace them with plastic tips, then they wear out and you don't have them when you need them!

Weren't some people supposed to find the clip-clop sexy?
            My beige ankle boots look great, but what a noise those heels make! Wrong rhythm for a horse though, more like a metronome.

Comment

• JFLL
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Use of ... "-or" rather than "-er" at the end of certain words: eg Advisor.
              Talking of '-or' endings, have you noticed how actresses are now often called 'actors'? Gender-free vocabulary? Will princesses become 'princes'? ('Prince Michael of Kent' would be even more confusing ... )

Now I'll get my head below the parapet.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

bosses who expect you to work 50% longer than they do for a third of the money.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

How many goes can I have?

Vivaldi's Four Seasons unless played as a FW, not a BC, and certainly not as used by call centres!

Comment

• Mr Pee
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    How many goes can I have?

Vivaldi's Four Seasons unless played as a FW, not a BC, and certainly not as used by call centres!
                    What's an FW, and what's a BC?

Which reminds me, I would put in "text speak" and pointless abbreviations that nobody can understand.
                    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Call Centres - then when you phone them they take a couple of minutes to slowly inform you that they are going to be charging you 10p a minute from a bt landmine etc, then that the calls may be saved and used for training purposes, and then how important the call is to them and that you are in position....ONE!!! - all the time I imagine all their operators gathered together having a right good giggle to themselves AT MY EXPENSE. Do you think I'm paranoid?

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        What's an FW, and what's a BC?
                        Not text speak, board shorthand! Where've you been - thought you were a regular on these boards FW=Full work, BC=Bleeding Chunk!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Not text speak, board shorthand! Where've you been - thought you were a regular on these boards FW=Full work, BC=Bleeding Chunk!
                          Mr Pee doesn't contribute to the boards, cloughie- he just advertises for Sky

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                            Talking of '-or' endings, have you noticed how actresses are now often called 'actors'? Gender-free vocabulary? Will princesses become 'princes'? ('Prince Michael of Kent' would be even more confusing ... )
                            Local traffic news presenters frequently speak of the Queen Alexander Bridge!

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              Mr Pee doesn't contribute to the boards, cloughie- he just advertises for Sky
                              Sounds like a pointless abbreviation to me.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                                • Jan 2011

People who assume that everyone listening to their presentation, reading their messageboard post (or whatever) know what all the abbreviations mean.

TIC of course

Comment

Working...
                                X