X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Fascinating - How to Grow a Planet

I thoroughly recommend this short series of TV programmes with Iain Stewart. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bywvr They'll probably come round again, but could be worth catching now using iPlayer.

PS: It is of course a series of 3 x 1 hour programmes each containing a very good 15 minute programme, in the now usual BBC style, but they're still worth watching. The ideas are interesting, and the programmes prove much better than watching Miss Marple, Poirot or Midsomer Murders which I contend are more or less a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by Dave2002; 21-02-12, 23:06.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I thoroughly recommend this short series of TV programmes with Iain Stewart. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bywvr They'll probably come round again, but could be worth catching now using iPlayer.
    Thanks for drawing attention to that, Dave. The first two programmes are indeed currently available on the iPlayer, and the third will join them soon, I would assume.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Just finished watching the final programme. I totally agree: an excellent series.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• greenilex
        • Nov 2010

Lots of stunning photography as well as innovative cross-fertilising science.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

b loody fine and super etc but the Thompson machine wants a Sky Arts Clone

bbc 4 has served science better than most
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
          X