Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Why is it that mere "ordinary" people don't get bonuses? Presumably we don't do a good enough job to be paid them!

Obviously if we want to be richer we should not try to be good at what we do, but now the new thing is to be less bad than others.

A lot of people are presumably grateful enough to be paid a salary, even if it is only £20k or less, as often the alternative is worse. For my own part I'm doing OK, but my annual salary is still less than the average bonuses we're still hearing about. Can I assume that the bankers get more in salary than their bonuses? Probably!

Comment

• subcontrabass
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Why is it that mere "ordinary" people don't get bonuses? Presumably we don't do a good enough job to be paid them!
      In some companies they do, but they are usually only a small percentage of annual salary, a salary which to start with is considerably less than that of the senior executives.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Rather ironic yesterday Cameron going on about people bashing the private sector, on the day public sector workers pay was frozen for another year. About time Cameron and his cronies stopped treating the public sector as though they were the scum of the earth doing unnecessary work. Again the taxpayer is paying for bank's dishonest trading ref misselling of insurance policies by the baled out banks.

Comment

Working...
        X