X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    Tut tut - if you are going to be pompously pedantic, Pee, you should get it right. The first 'native Americans' didn't discover America, nor were they living in America.

It wasn't 'America' then.
    Good Grief...you accuse ME of being pompously pedantic, and then proceed to post the above monumentally pompous piece of pedantry.

Pot, Kettle, etc, does not even begin to describe the hypocrisy.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Yes, I was showing you where you had fallen short in the pompous pedantry stakes, so naturally I was being pedantic, & possibly pompous.

Ever heard of irony?

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Yes, I was showing you where you had fallen short in the pompous pedantry stakes, so naturally I was being pedantic, & possibly pompous.

Ever heard of irony?
        There's a great 26 part series on SKY starting this week which traces the history of Irony from Jane Austen to the Simpsons (Also on SKY)

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

There are really only 5 actual programmes, but they are repeated 5 times (plus an extra one on how the programme is made, rehearsal footage, & inteviews with the tea-boy by Rupert Murdoch) (well, they're not really 'interviews' - the boy's mobile was hacked & recordings of his conversations cobbled together)

Oh, & when you say that it starts this week, you really mean that it also ends this week - they are on a continuous loop.

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

Thanks Floss
            I'm sure there must be someone who uses this messageboard who could let us know about their experience of using Sky ?

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

There are really only 5 actual programmes, but they are repeated 5 times (plus an extra one on how the programme is made, rehearsal footage, & inteviews with the tea-boy by Rupert Murdoch) (well, they're not really 'interviews' - the boy's mobile was hacked & recordings of his conversations cobbled together)

Oh, & when you say that it starts this week, you really mean that it also ends this week - they are on a continuous loop.

Veteran presenter to front Sky Arts series as channel releases schedule including Tom Jones in first ever acting role

Michael Billington: Let's give a standing ovation to Sky Arts, which is televising four of Chekhov's plays with all-star casts

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Thanks Floss
                I'm sure there must be someone who uses this messageboard who could let us know about their experience of using Sky ?
                Well, I Was Looking at the Ceiling and Then I Saw the Sky, would you Adams and Eves it?

Comment

Working...
                X