• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

The Economist - 13 issues for £1

Have recently subscribed to The Economist's offer of 13 issues for £1. Seems good value especially with all wot's going on in the world around us just now. I certainly would not pay the normal price of £4 per copy. Must remember to cancel direct debit before end of April !
  • Lateralthinking1

Thanks. You can also get three issues of Viz for £1 and get a 21% reduction for the rest of 2012.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
      Thanks. You can also get three issues of Viz for £1 and get a 21% reduction for the rest of 2012.
      GREAT !!! A thread for bargains. Just what this board needs. Fedup of Groupon? try the R3 Forum for all the best bargains, trawled by the cream of the country's musical enthusiasts. (couldn't spell cognoscenti !!).

Anyone else doing the spend £40 get a fiver off next weeks shop at tesco? up it to £60 and you get 10 p a litre off your petrol AS WELL.

Hurrah.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by gamba View Post
        Have recently subscribed to The Economist's offer of 13 issues for £1. Seems good value especially with all wot's going on in the world around us just now. I certainly would not pay the normal price of £4 per copy. Must remember to cancel direct debit before end of April !
        Is this deal still available?

Comment

• gamba
          Late member
          • Dec 2010

Sorry,

Beef Oven, have just seen your query.

I do have a phone number which may be of use; 01444 475647 ( customer service)

It's actually 12 issues, not 13 but still worth having.

Comment

• gamba
            Late member
            • Dec 2010

Beef Oven,

Have just discovered the offer is still available. email ' www.economist.com' - you'll find the offer top right of the page ' 12 issues for £1

I am now on my 4th.copy & finding much to enjoy. Should you wish to continue when this offer finishes you can subscribe by 'credit card' for 2 years @ £182 making a copy cost £1.75 ( £ 4 in the shops ! )

Quote " The Economist will send a full refund on the unexpired part of your subscription should you decide you do not wish to continue." That sounds very fair.

Comment

Working...
            X