What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07544JR...oding=UTF8&me=

( The huge new Karajan 355 CD complete box)

It's been despatched, and I got it for a great, in fact sensational price. Brand new on Market place. Sadly no other copies are available at the silly price I got it for at present , although I guess for a lot of people it would have a substantial amount of duplication.

£178 with postage which is a no brainer, as the resale value is at least 3 times that.
    WOW great spot ts !

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      WOW great spot ts !
      It arrived today, pristine.
      It took the post lady and Mrs TS to carry it up the steps to TS Towers.
      I didn't even make that up !!

( I don't think I could have snuck it in as some forum members apparently do.......)
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• pastoralguy
        • Nov 2010

( I don't think I could have snuck it in as some forum members apparently do.......)

Comment

• pastoralguy
          • Nov 2010

I'm keen to obtain the 1955 version of Glenn Gould's 'Goldberg' Variations which includes ALL the outtakes and talk between Gould and the production team. Sounds like the ultimate anorak indulgence for Goldberg junkies.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

ts report back this time next year and let us know how many discs you still haven't listened to!

Comment

• HighlandDougie
              • Nov 2010

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07544JR...oding=UTF8&me=

( The huge new Karajan 355 CD complete box)

It's been despatched, and I got it for a great, in fact sensational price. Brand new on Market place. Sadly no other copies are available at the silly price I got it for at present , although I guess for a lot of people it would have a substantial amount of duplication.

£178 with postage which is a no brainer, as the resale value is at least 3 times that.
              Not sure if it was the same Marketplace seller but I think that I’ve just bought 1 of the 3 copies which they claim to have in stock. I’m sure that I’ll get an, “Oops, sorry, made a mistake, guv”, later on today. If it’s not a scam, which back of a lorry did it fall off?

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                Not sure if it was the same Marketplace seller but I think that I’ve just bought 1 of the 3 copies which they claim to have in stock. I’m sure that I’ll get an, “Oops, sorry, made a mistake, guv”, later on today. If it’s not a scam, which back of a lorry did it fall off?
                Yep, that is the same seller, HD. Mine turned up good as gold, ordered Saturday, delivered yesterday by Royal Mail .

Get your trolley ready !!

Very odd that they should have such cheap stock of such a recent item though...but well done, as it's the same seller hopefully you should get yours.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                  • Nov 2010

Yep, that is the same seller, HD. Mine turned up good as gold, ordered Saturday, delivered yesterday by Royal Mail .

Very odd that they should have such cheap stock of such a recent item though...but well done, as it's the same seller hopefully you should get yours.
                  Just had the e-mail from Amazon confirming despatch. At the time of typing, 1 left in stock so someone else has spotted what seems like a suspiciously cheap bargain. Glad, though, that yours arrived "good as gold". I'm not sure where I'm going to put it! It can be my 65th birthday present to myself.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Just had the e-mail from Amazon confirming despatch. At the time of typing, 1 left in stock so someone else has spotted what seems like a suspiciously cheap bargain. Glad, though, that yours arrived "good as gold". I'm not sure where I'm going to put it! It can be my 65th birthday present to myself.
                    That "someone else" might well be me. I received a confirmation of dispatch email at 12.43 today, having placed my order at 10.30 this morning. Many thanks to HD for the update, and teamsaint for initially drawing attention to browns-books bargain offer price.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      That "someone else" might well be me. I received a confirmation of dispatch email at 12.43 today, having placed my order at 10.30 this morning. Many thanks to HD for the update, and teamsaint for initially drawing attention to browns-books bargain offer price.
                      Now, why am I not surprised I wonder who snapped up the last copy? I suppose that it's possible that further copies at that price might appear in due course with the same Amazon Marketplace seller. Given that it's (supposedly) a numbered limited edition, the source for such cheap copies seems a bit, err, dubious. But, hey, it's going to be a chance to do a bit of rationalisation of the HvK CD collection (as opposed to LPs, which I've just added to again, courtesy of eBay France).

Comment

• vinteuil
                        • Nov 2010

Now, why am I not surprised I wonder who snapped up the last copy?

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Aha! Yay! You'll love that HvK HIPP Bach. Delighted that you are as in thrall to the idea of a bargain as the rest of us, irrespective of whether you actually need it or not. What's that saying about never minding the quality but feeling the width ....

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

I am now on the HvK bandwagon. Order confirmed and delivery scheduled for early next week. My thanks for the tip.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                              • Nov 2010

Just had notification on Facebook that Lisa Batiashvilli has a Prokofiev cd coming out in February next year with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe under Nezi-Suiguin. Looks interesting.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Big box from the mailvan, thanks ts and HD for the steer

Comment

Working...
                                X