What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
    Sorry but what's arrived? Am keen to hear about your enthusiastic purchase!
    See #997

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Tasmin Little's latest release from Chandos, and Brashms's Eine Deutsches Requiem from Harnoncourt.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

The DG Boulez Stravinsky 6CD set has just turned up, but what ridiculous packaging: each CD in a sealed envelope.
        What do others do to access the CDs?
        I decided to slit the tops open with a paper knife (keeping it away from the recorded side!) rather than try to open any other way and possibly have stickiness from the glue finding its way onto the CD surface.
        But why not unsealed (open at the top) envelopes/pockets (or whatever you would call them) in the first place?

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
          The DG Boulez Stravinsky 6CD set has just turned up, but what ridiculous packaging: each CD in a sealed envelope.
          What do others do to access the CDs?
          I decided to slit the tops open with a paper knife (keeping it away from the recorded side!) rather than try to open any other way and possibly have stickiness from the glue finding its way onto the CD surface.
          But why not unsealed (open at the top) envelopes/pockets (or whatever you would call them) in the first place?
          I feel your pain, very belatedly, Pulcers. The Norrington Romantics box pulls the same stunt.

Anyway, a used set of the Barbirolli Halle Sibelius just came up for £5 delivered on marketplace, and is now winging its way to Wiltshire.
          This is a tremendous bargain, right ?
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            This is a tremendous bargain, right ?
            Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! (Provided the discs aren't damaged, of course ) My own copy was "a tremendous bargain" at twice that price!
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

The jewel case to that Sibelius set is a real pain. I think Petrushka also hates it.

Anyway, a terrific bargain and a terrific set. Well done, ts!

P.S. Off the top of my head, I bought that set from Amazon on 7th February 2012 for £14.99 all in.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                The jewel case to that Sibelius set is a real pain. I think Petrushka also hates it.

P.S. Off the top of my head, I bought that set from Amazon on 7th February 2012 for £14.99 all in.
                Your memory is amazing, you should go on a TV quiz show and try to win yourself a few tax fee quid.

Edit : B*****x, just had an email to say that the order has been cancelled, due to no stock being available. Usually reliable marketplace outfit too.

Harrumph.Might have to buy it and pay a few quid extra.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Your memory is amazing, you should go on a TV quiz show and try to win yourself a few tax fee quid.

Edit : B*****x, just had an email to say that the order has been cancelled, due to no stock being available. Usually reliable marketplace outfit too.

Used on Amazon £8.25 DISCS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. SCUFFS TO OUTER BOX.

Worth it I'd say.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Used on Amazon £8.25 DISCS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. SCUFFS TO OUTER BOX.

Worth it I'd say.
                    I saw that one. suppose the scuffs will buff out, so I may well go for that.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Nothing to do with his memory he looked it up on his past orders from Amazon!

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Yes indeed! As you say, terrific bargain and a terrific set. I just hope that ts has a degree in mechanical engineering to find the CDs in the ridiculous jewel case. It's since been more sensibly re-issued, I think.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Nothing to do with his memory he looked it up on his past orders from Amazon!
                          I know, I was just being nice.
                          For once.
                          Anyway, I ordered the £8 set in a fit of extravagance........

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            Yes indeed! As you say, terrific bargain and a terrific set. I just hope that ts has a degree in mechanical engineering to find the CDs in the ridiculous jewel case. It's since been more sensibly re-issued, I think.
                            Thanks for the warning Pet, but I managed to replace the rubber belt on the Dyson this week, ( still got the cuts to prove it) so I'm up for the engineering challenge.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Thanks for the warning Pet, but I managed to replace the rubber belt on the Dyson this week, ( still got the cuts to prove it) so I'm up for the engineering challenge.
                              I'm not sure what Pet's packaging problem is I find it fine and quite authodox.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                                Is that the issue with the snowy cover and the spare "spoke*" as if for a sixth CD? I failed every woodwork assignment I was ever given, but this jewel case poses no problem for me (and the spare "spoke" now houses the CD of the Barbirolli RPO recording of the Second Symphony).

* - what are those "teeth" things that hold the CD called?)
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X