What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    I just checked mine and strangely the order has disappeared - the othe CD I ordered at the same time is still there but the R St has disappeared. Very strange.

I have just received this.

We’ve cancelled Richard Strauss - Complete Operas (DG box set) (Asin: B00G4PV0H2) from your order #026-4807339-9365103 and you haven’t been charged.

From time to time, items sold and dispatched by Amazon become unavailable and we’re unable to source them.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Yes, I've just had that message too.
    Oh well, it was worth trying (and I've got the Decca Solti set anyway!).

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
      Yes, I've just had that message too.
      Oh well, it was worth trying (and I've got the Decca Solti set anyway!).
      Yes but did you notice the sneaky cannot reply to this. Also I have noticed that different to purchases from merchants there is no contact seller box option on the order details. also how difficult it seems to be to contact their customer services by email and finally, and this is really taking the xxxx, that although they cannot source it they have copies available for sale at £58. Why cannot they just own up to a mistake and tell you just that?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
        Mine was ordered 6 April (2017!).
        Snap!

I have just received this.

We’ve cancelled Richard Strauss - Complete Operas (DG box set) (Asin: B00G4PV0H2) from your order #026-4807339-9365103 and you haven’t been charged.
        From time to time, items sold and dispatched by Amazon become unavailable and we’re unable to source them.
        We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.
        Snap!
        Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 28-07-17, 15:33.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Pulcinella
          Host
          • Feb 2014

Yes but did you notice the sneaky cannot reply to this. Also I have noticed that different to purchases from merchants there is no contact seller box option on the order details. also how difficult it seems to be to contact their customer services by email and finally, and this is really taking the xxxx, that although they cannot source it they have copies available for sale at £58. Why cannot they just own up to a mistake and tell you just that?
          Indeed! I didn't check if copies at another price are still available. Might just be worth try to call their generic customer services if such a thing exists!

PS: I did just that, and spoke to a nice chap who apologised profusely and told me that it was all the fault of their Marketplace supplier (or rather non-supplier). My order had disappeared from my own records (though I had its number); I hadn't thought that it was not directly from Amazon, but didn't pursue, though I was given the chance to speak to the guy's supervisor/manager, which I declined. Oh well, 33 fewer CDs to get through in my eventual opera-listening phase I promised myself.
          Last edited by Pulcinella; 28-07-17, 15:59. Reason: PS added!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

They cancelled my Strauss box-set.

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

On a brighter note my massive 152 CD RCO 125 box has been dispatched from MDT. Would expect this to come tomorrow but just hope I'm in when it does!

Amazon prices are disappointingly higher than I'd expect right now and it's great that MDT have done the business with this one. £264 against £800 at Amazon.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

The Amazon cancellation looks to be a total con:

The original orders were placed directly with amazon.co.uk, not a marketplace supplier.

Their terms and conditions make it clear that the transaction is not completed until the item is dispatched. That does not stop this from being sharp practice.

Comment

• Zucchini
                  • Nov 2010

Never mind, Mr Bezos was the richest man in the world for a few hours yesterday - and 20 or 30 of this forum's cd addicts got him there ...

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
                    Never mind, Mr Bezos was the richest man in the world for a few hours yesterday - and 20 or 30 of this forum's cd addicts got him there ...
                    We may have helped - but even at the new, increased price, it would take a lot more than thirty of us to get him there.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

You found the email access in the end? Help>Browse Help Topics>Need more help?>Contact Us....

​Couldn't be simpler could it...

Haven't followed this scurrilous Strauss saga, but recently I'd ordered a book for £19.... having dropped the price in the interim, they sent it out for - £17... some you win...

Comment

• muzzer
                        • Nov 2013

Likewise cancelled. V poor from A*****. Minded to complain for the sheer doodah of it.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                          Likewise cancelled. V poor from A*****. Minded to complain for the sheer doodah of it.
                          Me too but is it worth peeing into the wind?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Me too but is it worth peeing into the wind?
                            Well - that's what it feels like I've been doing most of my life as far as Artistic & Political matters are concerned. Doesn't stop me - I suppose I just naively hope that some pee reaches the target for the benefit of others whilst I put the laundry in the wash. The alternative seems to be do nothing, which will achieve even less (than almost beggur all). Enough people making enough public fuss might have a miniscule effect in the future (once they've worked out other ways to get away with behaving shoddily).

Won't get me the Strauss box, of course.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                              • Nov 2010

I placed an order with Amazon for 4 items on Thursday morning and, as yet, there's no sign of them. In fact, they've not been dispatched yet. Now it's nothing fancy, just a DVD, a cd, a milk bottle top thing and a book. However, I took 'advantage' of the 'Spend over £20 for free delivery' offer.

Is this slow dispatch situation simply designed to encourage me to 'upgrade to Prime Membership?'

There's no rush for anything but I'd be a bit cheesed if I needed something in a hurry!

Comment

• Conchis
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                                I placed an order with Amazon for 4 items on Thursday morning and, as yet, there's no sign of them. In fact, they've not been dispatched yet. Now it's nothing fancy, just a DVD, a cd, a milk bottle top thing and a book. However, I took 'advantage' of the 'Spend over £20 for free delivery' offer.

Is this slow dispatch situation simply designed to encourage me to 'upgrade to Prime Membership?'

There's no rush for anything but I'd be a bit cheesed if I needed something in a hurry!

I accidentally activated my 'trial' Prime membership last month and can honestly say it makes virtually no difference, as I tend to buy most of my stuff from marketplace sellers.

Comment

Working...
                                X