What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    A Richard Strauss Opera Box from Amazon!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Not wishing to upset you further, but which of the Supraphon Mackerras versions have you ordered?
      This one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2007

I ordered this yesterday: http://www.mdt.co.uk/liszt-tausig-fa...ungaroton.html

I've already heard it on Spotify and it's amazing!
        Best regards,
        Jonathan

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
          Ah, I have that as what has become a spare set, as all of it was included in the "Life with Czech music" box. Hope you did not pay the full Amazon price. If you are further tempted, the DVD is also available separately .
          Last edited by Bryn; 25-06-17, 12:37. Reason: Link added.

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Ah, I have that as what has become a spare set, as all of it was included in the "Life with Czech music" box. Hope you did not pay the full Amazon price. If you are further tempted, the DVD is also available separately .
            I got it for £4.99 new though I used gift vouchers so effectively cost nothing, ditto the Ancerl disc with the Sinfonietta.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

I got it for £4.99 new though I used gift vouchers so effectively cost nothing, ditto the Ancerl disc with the Sinfonietta.
              Oops! I somehow confounded the Sinfonietta with the Glagolitic Mass. Forget the DVD unless you want the Mass, Taras Bulba and Jealousy in fine live performances. There is no Sinfonietta on the DVD. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Still waiting for the 1954 stereo Bartok String Quartets (Végh Quartet). I have contacted the supplier. An offer has been made to send out a second copy. I have suggested they hold fire a few more days.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                  • Nov 2010

Still waiting for the 1954 stereo Bartok String Quartets (Végh Quartet). I have contacted the supplier. An offer has been made to send out a second copy. I have suggested they hold fire a few more days.
                  Don't you hate it when that happens?! Twice in a row I had to contact Presto to report orders missing. I'm always scared that they think I'm 'at it'!

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                    Don't you hate it when that happens?! Twice in a row I had to contact Presto to report orders missing. I'm always scared that they think I'm 'at it'!
                    Never happened to me with Presto, who are usually very good, but it has happened twice with Amazon Marketplace sellers. I strongly suspected that they did not have the items I'd ordered and rather than have me give a poor rating they pretended to have sent them while taking time to source from elsewhere for a 'second' copy.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                      • Nov 2010

Actually, I think it was more the Post Office 'service' that was at fault rather than Presto. Our regular postie was on holiday so I suspect my CDs had gone elsewhere.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Never happened to me with Presto, who are usually very good, but it has happened twice with Amazon Marketplace sellers. I strongly suspected that they did not have the items I'd ordered and rather than have me give a poor rating they pretended to have sent them while taking time to source from elsewhere for a 'second' copy.
                        Or found out it was worth more so held it back.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                          Host
                          • Feb 2014

The 3CD Ireland Chamber music set on Lyrita that Bryn and others have recommended.
                          Much speedier delivery anticipated than for a certain big bargain box that's still awaited.

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Spent the last of my birthday Amazon gift vouchers on the Beethoven Symphonies from Herbert Blomstedt and the Gewandhausorchester Leipzig released tomorrow.

If their performance of the 7th at last year's Proms was any guide then this set should be well worth looking forward to.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Spent the last of my birthday Amazon gift vouchers on the Beethoven Symphonies from Herbert Blomstedt and the Gewandhausorchester Leipzig released tomorrow.

If their performance of the 7th at last year's Proms was any guide then this set should be well worth looking forward to.
                              Do you have his old Staatskapelle Dresden set? I'd be interested to hear how they compare.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Do you have his old Staatskapelle Dresden set? I'd be interested to hear how they compare.
                                I only have 1, 3 & 9 from the Staatskapelle Dresden set picked up ultra cheaply at a charity shop a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X