What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    This isn't what this thread is for

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
    Yes, I think a spin-off was suggested earlier, maybe to the 'What are you waiting for in the post?' thread.
    Perhaps a kind host could do some judicious sorting/filtering out in an idle moment.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
      Yes, I think a spin-off was suggested earlier, maybe to the 'What are you waiting for in the post?' thread.
      Perhaps a kind host could do some judicious sorting/filtering out in an idle moment.
      Perfectly legit, it was ts' alert that got us all on the trail so progress reports useful!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

I'm trying to imagine a sentence in which "Hosts" and "idle moments" would make any realistic sense.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

No - sorry, I can't.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

I guess in the main, most delays are unexpected.

Although not through the signalling on network rail , at and south of Clapham Junction.......
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              No - sorry, I can't.
              Obviously down to lack of idle moments for the requisite thinking.....
              Last edited by teamsaint; 01-06-17, 14:18.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

I'm trying to imagine a sentence in which "Hosts" and "idle moments" would make any realistic sense.
                Oh, I thought you might like a break from pruning the roses!
                No - sorry, I can't.
                That's OK: we can deal with the flak!

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

I suspect ferney that like many of us you really value any avaiable idle moment. Ours to use as we wish!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

If it doesn't arrive before I go on holiday, I'm cancelling my order. Don't want it hanging around for two months.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Strauss box update:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on April 06 2017 [Order number was here!]

Various Artists "Richard Strauss - Complete Operas (DG box set)"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                        • Nov 2010

Barenboim's 'Dream of Gerontius that's released on July 7th. Also, the Dvorak 'New World' from Chi-Chi Nwanoku's Chineke! Orchestra.

Sounds great!

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Currently awaiting delivery of two versions of Janacek's Sinfonietta both from the Czech Philharmonic with Ancerl and Mackerras. Blame a couple of forum members for the arm twisting.

Also looking forward to the release of the complete Beethoven symphonies from Herbert Blomstedt and the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra out on June 30. Do I need another LvB cycle? When it's from this source he answer is a very loud YES!

Barenboim's Dream of Gerontius on my list too.

Those birthday Amazon vouchers aren't going to go far!
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Pianorak
                            • Nov 2010

Currently awaiting delivery of The Enrique Granados Collection . I blame William Mival and Sarah Walker.
                            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Currently awaiting delivery of two versions of Janacek's Sinfonietta both from the Czech Philharmonic with Ancerl and Mackerras. Blame a couple of forum members for the arm twisting.

Also looking forward to the release of the complete Beethoven symphonies from Herbert Blomstedt and the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra out on June 30. Do I need another LvB cycle? When it's from this source he answer is a very loud YES!

Barenboim's Dream of Gerontius on my list too.

Those birthday Amazon vouchers aren't going to go far!
                              Not wishing to upset you further, but which of the Supraphon Mackerras versions have you ordered? Is it the single studio CD option, the live DVD or the boxed "Life with Czech music" set with both his Czech Phil recordings? Oh, looks like it may be the former. By the way, there is a very silly error in the listing for the DVD performance in the boxed set. It's the Wingfield edition of the 1927 version, not the revision of 1928 which is used. That on the CD is a sort of half way house to the Zahrádka edition of the 1928 revision. It restored aspects of the Svet lost in the revision.
                              Last edited by Bryn; 25-06-17, 10:22. Reason: Extended.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

A Richard Strauss Opera Box from Amazon!

Comment

Working...
                                X