What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by makropulos View Post
    They're in both. The earlier Sony ones are in the Sony box and the later DG ones in Vol 2 of the DG Bernstein Collection. (There's yet another Bernstein Mahler cycle made for video that's on DG DVDs - not in the DG Collection boxes). Other reasons to try Vol. 2: some terrific Mozart, Schubert and Schumann as well as the Chicago Shostakovich 1/7, glorious Sibelius (especially 1 and 5), some controversial Tchaikovsky, the Munich Tristan and so on (and on). I think it's terrific, though I should declare an interest as I wrote one of the booklet notes included in the set (and another for Vol. 1 - but if I were contemplating just one box, I'd go for Vol. 2).
    Thank you - I haven't looked at the DG box, as I already have most of the contents (the Mozart is "terrific", isn't it!) so I didn't know the early RCA Stadium recordings were in it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• makropulos
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Thank you - I haven't looked at the DG box, as I already have most of the contents (the Mozart is "terrific", isn't it!) so I didn't know the early RCA Stadium recordings were in it.
      To be pedantic, the Stadium recordings were made for American Decca - which is how DG ended up with them. LB's early RCA recordings were reissued on 4 separate CDs by RCA ('Leonard Bernstein: The Early Years', Vols I-IV) but I don't know if they're in the Sony boxes (though they might well be). Very glad you like the VPO Mozart too!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Oh yes - American Decca/London/RCA (with the HMV logo/doggo)/BMG. I think they collectively come under the "Wha'evva" label I mentioned earlier!

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

A warm welcome on a dreich day for the Euroarts 2DVD set of Die Meistersinger, recorded at Salzburg Festival, August 2013: VPO/Daniele Gatti - Michael Volle (Hans Sachs), Roberto Sacca, (Walter Von Stolzing), Anna Gabler, (Eva). Booklet looks splendid and I'm hoping that the production will be an ideal palliative for a recent Wagnerian experience on BBC 4!

"All narrative and poetry is nothing but the key to true dreams". (Hans Sachs)

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Just arrived!

The bargain Sony box that includes the Leonhardt Bach B minor beloved by Caliban and hunted down by teamsaint:

Comment

• Jonathan
              • Mar 2007

Currently waiting for the latest volume of The Sound of Weimar with the excellent Martin Haselbock conducting Liszt's A Faust Symphony. Europadisc had it on special offer so it would've been rude not to buy it!
              Best regards,
              Jonathan

Comment

• vinteuil
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                Currently waiting for the latest volume of The Sound of Weimar with the excellent Martin Haselbock conducting Liszt's A Faust Symphony. Europadisc had it on special offer so it would've been rude not to buy it!

... mine arrived this morning

Comment

• Jonathan
                  • Mar 2007

Mine arrived yesterday as well - I shall have a listen later on today!
                  Best regards,
                  Jonathan

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Just had an email advising that the Ives Orchestral Music Vol. 3 (MSO/Davis) SACD has been dispatched. With luck it will arrive tomorrow.
                    Last edited by Bryn; 02-03-17, 14:07.

Comment

• greenilex
                      • Nov 2010

I have just acquired (from the Oxfam bookshop) a copy of the Novello/ News Chronicle Music for the Home - 1932. It was edited by Sir Landon Ronald, and well loved, by the look of it.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

If anybody else is interested, Amazon is now showing the Bernstein Vol 2 box is available again on March 13, and it looks it has been reissued.

I've decided to go for this, ( probably !) but Amazon Italy are offering it at £95 delivered, and there must be a chance with fresh supplies that the price will drop a little at some point......
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Jonathan
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                          Mine arrived yesterday as well - I shall have a listen later on today!
                          And it is very good indeed. The Mephistopheles movement and chorus mysticus are particularly good and the tenor is superb.
                          Best regards,
                          Jonathan

Comment

• Pulcinella
                            Host
                            • Feb 2014

Just had an order update re the Strauss opera box: they are trying to get more copies from their supplier.
                            They offer the opportunity to cancel if I want, but I'll hang in there and see what happens next.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                              Just had an order update re the Strauss opera box: they are trying to get more copies from their supplier.
                              They offer the opportunity to cancel if I want, but I'll hang in there and see what happens next.
                              Same here. <fingerscrossedemoticon>

Comment

• Conchis
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2014

I have had no such email: my order status remains: 'Delivery expected by 8th May.'

Comment

Working...
                                X