What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    I am being torn between the desire to add Karl Bohm's Brahms cycle and the rational thought that I really don't need another Brahms cycle. I don't expect to be talked out of it by anyone here.
    How can we talk a man of science out of a decision based on rational thought? I shan't even try.

There is no basis for obtaining another set of one of the greatest known composer's crowning symphonic output, performed by a Viennese orchestra with an illustrious pedigree, conducted by an amazingly talented Austrian musician born in central Europe in 1894, all for the price of a trip to McDonalds.

Anyway, you can simply look at the pictures - it's just the same.

Here's one I particularly like

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Yes, there something quite special about receiving a disc on The Monday of release: good luck!
      Just had an email from MDT advising that they have dispatched the Ives, so I may even get it tomorrow (if Royal Mail First Class is up to standard).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

I'm sure it was in stock when I ordered (amazon).
        Now I'm informed it will be sent when in stock.
        It will be worth the wait I'm sure
        Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 28-02-15, 23:36.

Comment

• Jonathan
          • Mar 2007

Got my Dohnanyi disc (piano music volume 3) today, only dispatched yesterday from MDT
          Best regards,
          Jonathan

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Heartened to know that a 2 disc Special Edition DVD of "Mr Turner" is now in the post. Mike Leigh's film has been shamefully ignored in the glitzy awards season although I'm sure that Lady Bracknell would never accept this as a guarantee of respectability! Early delivery will also offset withdrawal symptoms after six compulsive weeks of "Wolf Hall" although I'm happily engaged in a compilation of the series and accompanying documentaries in a three DVD disc transfer from HD.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Received the Ives symphonies this morning. I like a Sunday delivery

Comment

• Pabmusic
                • May 2011

London Lavender by E V Lucas.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Received the Ives symphonies this morning. I like a Sunday delivery
                  Lucky you. We don't get such luxury round here, or did you opt for other than Royal Mail First Class?

Anyway, post soon with your assessment. I hope you are a pleased with the disc as I am.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                    London Lavender by E V Lucas.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      Lucky you. We don't get such luxury round here, or did you opt for other than Royal Mail First Class?
                      Sounds like Amazon Prime to me.....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

I'm sure it was in stock when I ordered (amazon).
                        Now I'm informed it will be sent when in stock.
                        It will be worth the wait I'm sure
                        I love the sound of a box of Myaskovsky piano music landing on the doormat on a Thursday afternoon.
                        Might have to log off work early.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          I love the sound of a box of Myaskovsky piano music landing on the doormat on a Thursday afternoon.
                          Might have to log off work early.

sounds fair enough to me, ER. Enjoy.

still coming to grips with that box of symphonies, been giving #10 a bit of a hammering recently.

I was waiting for two CDs by the very talented Paul Armfield, (who it turns out I know !!),but they arrived today.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gamba
                            Late member
                            • Dec 2010

' A Midsummer Night's Dream ' - the Arden publication, so much music in the words alone. My first job in ' ciivvy street ' at the age of 23 after the war,was learning to be a theatre photographer . This resulted in 3 years with The Old Vic theatre co.. A section of my life to be treasured. I now value Shakespeare as I do Beethoven & Bach.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gamba View Post
                              ' A Midsummer Night's Dream ' - the Arden publication, so much music in the words alone.

I now value Shakespeare as I do Beethoven & Bach.

A Theatre Photographer - what an covetable career: they never mentioned such things at Careers Interviews at school.
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• gamba
                                Late member
                                • Dec 2010

A strange occurrence ferney. I was intending to join Douglas Glass of the ' Times' who produced magnificent portraits of remarkable people but he received a building permit at the last moment, so I was passed along to his friend, a theatre photographer called John Vickers. A long searching interview & I was agreeing to a contract for three years. He had sole photo rights to the Vic. I have told in another earlier contribution of having help & lunch bought for me in my first week
                                By Alec Guinness !

Comment

Working...
                                X