What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Great stuff Bryn, many thanks.

The 18 minutes flew by, you just want to carry on listening. The accompaniment and the delivery of the narrative is perfect. There's an almost anaesthetising quality to it.

I'm really trying to cut down on my CD buying, but this is compelling.

edit: I'm playing it again, will check out the documentary tomorrow

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Comment

• Radio64
        • Jan 2014

A couple of cheapo Shostakovich Symphonies to go with the Jean Michel Jarre re-master re.issues ordered on Zoverstocks.
        Amazon says: spedito dal corriere Royal Mail, delivery by 18th June ... I certainly hope so!!!
        "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Josef Haydn, complete trios for barytone.

Prompted by a mention by MickyD on the bargains thread - thanks MickyD

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

The Erato Dutilleux 5 CD box.

Should be here any day now, along with a rather tempting Villa Lobos CD of one of the piano concertos and bits and bobs.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

French Baroque Concertos - Musica Antiqua Koln, Goebel.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                • Nov 2010

The new 'Scottish' cd from the wonderful Nicola Benedetti, Bruckner 7 from the unbeatable team of Ivan Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra and the complete Dvorak symphonies and concerti from Belohlavek and the Czech Philharmonic.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

I've been given a collection of ASV recordings, which look rather good. Collectables too!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beresford
                    • Apr 2012

1. Ton Koopman playing Bach organ - triggered by hearing him play the Schubler chorales on R3. I am not usually very keen on CD's of organ music, even Bach, but these were very beguiling.
                    2. Stockhausen Gruppen, conducted by Abbado, as recommended on this forum just after he died.
                    3. Also an eclassical.com download of Gubaidulina - Repentance. (new release at 30% reduction). I like all of Gubaidulina's music, even the banyan (accordion?) - always sounds like she has something important to say.

Comment

• Radio64
                      • Jan 2014

Still waiting for a Shostakovich CD to come through from zoverstocks .. .I ordered 4 CDs altogether and 3 have arrived (all in separate packages, on two separate days) but this one seems 'lost' (I see they post from Jersey..)

Should I complain?

Comment

• Pabmusic
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
                        Still waiting for a Shostakovich CD to come through from zoverstocks .. .I ordered 4 CDs altogether and 3 have arrived (all in separate packages, on two separate days) but this one seems 'lost' (I see they post from Jersey..)

Should I complain?
                        Give it a reasonable time from the date of the notification that it's been sent (a week or so from Jersey to the UK?). Then complain. I've had to do this a few times with different 'Amazon' suppliers and there's never been a problem.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                          Give it a reasonable time from the date of the notification that it's been sent (a week or so from Jersey to the UK?). Then complain. I've had to do this a few times with different 'Amazon' suppliers and there's never been a problem.
                          Likewise Pabs - if only the public utilities were run like zoverstocks

Comment

• Pabmusic
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            Likewise Pabs - if only the public utilities were run like zoverstocks
                            Hi, Ams, nice to see you.

Comment

• Radio64
                              • Jan 2014

Thanks for the advice. Admittedly the order confirmation did state delivery within 18th June so I'll just have to be patient for a couple more days.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                                Book

Why is Britain Becoming Harder to Govern? By my old politics teacher, Professor Anthony King, written in 1975.
                                .. who, incidentally, is a keen music fan. A Canadian friend of my wife is related to him and about 30 years ago they spent a pleasant evening at the opera with him - Handel at ENO, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X