What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    I thought that you had moved to downloads only?
    I'm waiting for the Ornette Coleman " Six Classic Albums" set, Some Piston Symphonies, and a triple CD set of Mozart masses from The Chamber choir of Europe.
    I'm trying, but the CD was cheaper than the download and came with the usual AutoRip download ahead of delivery. But I have switched my AutoRip off, because it was spoiling the anticipation, wait and plonk on the doormat, which I realised was half the fun the purchase in the first place!

The Vivaldi and Pergolesi should arrive tomorrow and again I'm ignoring the download I could have.

What are the six Coleman titles?

Comment

• Roehre

Facsimile and transcription of Beethoven's "Eroica"- sketchbook

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        I'm trying, but the CD was cheaper than the download and came with the usual AutoRip download ahead of delivery. But I have switched my AutoRip off, because it was spoiling the anticipation, wait and plonk on the doormat, which I realised was half the fun the purchase in the first place!

The Vivaldi and Pergolesi should arrive tomorrow and again I'm ignoring the download I could have.

What are the six Coleman titles?
        The anticipation is important, to a point at least. Saving up for those saturday trawls round the record shops. Happy days !!

Shape of Jazz...
        This is our music
        Change of the century
        Free Jazz
        Something else
        Tomorrow is the question.

Roehre's purchase looks interesting . Very , in fact .
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          The anticipation is important, to a point at least. Saving up for those saturday trawls round the record shops. Happy days !!

Shape of Jazz...
          This is our music
          Change of the century
          Free Jazz
          Something else
          Tomorrow is the question.

Roehre's purchase looks interesting . Very , in fact .
          Great stuff! If you get a chance, grab "Ornette!", recorded 1961, released 1962.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
            Facsimile and transcription of Beethoven's "Eroica"- sketchbook
            Hi R

What does the 'sketchbook' bit mean?

BeefO

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Weinberg - Requiem.Fedoseyev.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Amazon seem to be delivering on Sundays now.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive the LPO/Jurowski Brahms symphonies a day earlier than anticipated.

I've noticed most recent new releases don't have the auto rip facility. A mixed blessing as has been noted.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Amazon seem to be delivering on Sundays now.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive the LPO/Jurowski Brahms symphonies a day earlier than anticipated.

I've noticed most recent new releases don't have the auto rip facility. A mixed blessing as has been noted.
                  I bet they don't deliver to Cornwall on Sundays - they mostly use Royal Mail rather than couriers - got my Zinman box last week - preordering saqved me £14 cf current price!

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

No Sunday deliveries here as yet. Sunday is fast becoming a normal working day and already is for some. I long for the days when Sunday was the day of rest and all shops were closed but then find myself going to Tesco on a Sunday like most others. Sad really.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                      Hi R

What does the 'sketchbook' bit mean?

BeefO
                      Literally the book (well, the transcription plus a facsimile of the original) which Beethoven had assembled from loose pages of music paper in order to sketch out thoughts (up to a first continuity draft) for i.a. the Eroica symphony (hence the name, the official number/name is Landsberg 6, originally in Berlin, since WW2 in Krakow), but also a copy in b's hand of a work of CPEBach, the earliest ideas for the Pastoral, 20-odd pages for the disbandoned opera Vestas Feuer, the Waldstein-sonata, the first 5 numbers from Leonore, the earliest ideas for the Fifth symphony, the revisions for Christus am Oelberge and the first drafts of themes for the (2nd) Triple concerto (op.56).

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                        Literally the book (well, the transcription plus a facsimile of the original) which Beethoven had assembled from loose pages of music paper in order to sketch out thoughts (up to a first continuity draft) for i.a. the Eroica symphony (hence the name, the official number/name is Landsberg 6, originally in Berlin, since WW2 in Krakow), but also a copy in b's hand of a work of CPEBach, the earliest ideas for the Pastoral, 20-odd pages for the disbandoned opera Vestas Feuer, the Waldstein-sonata, the first 5 numbers from Leonore, the earliest ideas for the Fifth symphony, the revisions for Christus am Oelberge and the first drafts of themes for the (2nd) Triple concerto (op.56).
                        Fascinating. I hope you enjoy it very much when it arrives!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

Haydn: String Quartets, Op 77 - Quatuor Mosaïques. Astrée.

Mozart - Symphonies, English Concert, Trevor Pinnock. DG.

Haydn - Symphonies 99-104, London Classical Players, Roger Norrington. Virgin Veritas.

Frank Martin - Sacred Choral Works, Westminster Cathedral Choir, Jomes O'Donnell. Hyperion.

Haydn - String Quartets Op33, London Haydn Quartet Hyperion (arrived).

Haydn Sturm Und Drang Symphonies, English Concert, Trevor Pinnock. DG (arrived).

Comment

• Pabmusic
                            • May 2011

Fiddler Tam - music of Thomas Erskine, Earl of Kelly, played by Concerto Caledonia.

Brahms Symphonies (Helsingborg PO/Andrew Manze)

Comment

• pastoralguy
                              • Nov 2010

Walton 1 and the violin concerto from Ed. Gardner, Tasmin Little and the BBC SO on Chandos. Also, a Paganini cd that's just been released on DG but I can't remember any of the personnel involved...

Oh, and Elgar 2 with Barenboim and the Berlin Staatskapelle.
                              Last edited by pastoralguy; 21-04-14, 13:45.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                                Walton 1 and the violin concerto from Ed. Gardner, Tasmin Little and the BBC SO on Chandos. Also, a Paganini cd that's just been released on DG but I can't remember any of the personnel involved...

Oh, and Elgar 2 with Barenboim and the Berlin Staatskapelle.
                                Be interested in a report back about the Walton and Elgar discs once you've had a chance to listen, PG, as both are on my wish list. Got high hopes that Gardner can at last break the stranglehold that the classic LSO/Previn has on the Walton 1 market.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X