What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
    Bryn, I am curious. Why do you have your packages sent to your workplace?
    I do this, too: that way I don't have to wait around at home for a parcel to be delivered, and there's always someone in the office to sign for it. (And birthday etc presents for anyone else in the house can be delivered in secret!)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      I do this, too: that way I don't have to wait around at home for a parcel to be delivered, and there's always someone in the office to sign for it. (And birthday etc presents for anyone else in the house can be delivered in secret!)
      Ditto. I hate having to go to the sorting office and queue to collect such parcels.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Ditto. I hate having to go to the sorting office and queue to collect such parcels.
        Makes sense Bryn - that last batch certainly would challenge the letterbox!

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

at our sorting office there is no parking. There is a private(british rail I think) always empty car park that you risk getting clamped on.fun.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            And Bryn, have you contributed to the 'Does your partner share your musical tastes' board. And are tjhe[sic] two related?
            The problem is not knowing at what time if day a delivery of a non-letterbox-friendly package might be made. I can't guarantee that anyone will be at my home address to accept a parcel at all hours of the day. My workplace operates 24/7 and there is always someone reliable there to sign for deliveries. I have not even looked at the tasty partner sharing thread.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
              Quite a list, Bryn. I'd be interested to know your opinion of the Gerhard/Maso; I'm a great admirer of Maso's Mompou cycle.
              The delivery was made today. I listened to most of the Gerhard in the car during the drive back home. The survey is organised chronologically and I have only heard the pre-WWII works, the post-war dances arranged for piano form his Ballet Don Quixote, and the beginning of the first of his Three Impromtus of 1950. All very pleasant and sounded well played. Lost of influence from Satie, Ravel, early Stravinsky et al in what I heard, but none the worse for that. I'd recommend getting it if you can. The 'fill-up' is the 2nd piano sonata of Joaquim Homs, who studied with Gerhard. I have not listened to that yet.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Taneyev Symphonies 1 to 4 Naxos (HMV.com)

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

The Elgar conducts Elgar EMI box and a couple of Lonnie Donegan CDs from the 70s.

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

As mentioned on another thread I'm awaiting with keen anticipation a release on the LPO label of Bernard Haitink conducting Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe in a 1979 performance at which I was present. I vividly recall the concert and it should prove a moving evening hearing it again after 33 years. Released on Feb 27.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

This must have been one of BH's last concerts as prinicpal conductor of the LPO.

Apparently his last concert was due to be Beethoven's Choral Symphony but he was indisposed
                      and replaced by Sir John Pritchard. That must have been a bit of a let down.

Comment

• Mahlerei

The delivery was made today. I listened to most of the Gerhard in the car during the drive back home. The survey is organised chronologically and I have only heard the pre-WWII works, the post-war dances arranged for piano form his Ballet Don Quixote, and the beginning of the first of his Three Impromtus of 1950. All very pleasant and sounded well played. Lost of influence from Satie, Ravel, early Stravinsky et al in what I heard, but none the worse for that. I'd recommend getting it if you can. The 'fill-up' is the 2nd piano sonata of Joaquim Homs, who studied with Gerhard. I have not listened to that yet.
                        Thanks Bryn, will add that to the wish list. Do try Maso's Mompou if you haven't already done so.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          As mentioned on another thread I'm awaiting with keen anticipation a release on the LPO label of Bernard Haitink conducting Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe in a 1979 performance at which I was present. I vividly recall the concert and it should prove a moving evening hearing it again after 33 years. Released on Feb 27.
                          Sounds good to me - I'll have some of that!

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            This must have been one of BH's last concerts as prinicpal conductor of the LPO.

Apparently his last concert was due to be Beethoven's Choral Symphony but he was indisposed
                            and replaced by Sir John Pritchard. That must have been a bit of a let down.
                            Not for Sir John!

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              The Elgar conducts Elgar EMI box and a couple of Lonnie Donegan CDs from the 70s.
                              It's surprising how long orders can take somtimes - I admire your patience, I would have given up on the Lonnie Donegan by now.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                                It's surprising how long orders can take somtimes - I admire your patience, I would have given up on the Lonnie Donegan by now.
                                - nice one!

Comment

Working...
                                X