What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    If it's the Ozit issue, it looks very much to still be a compilation of 'bootleg' material:

[from http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...-1&sku=927798]
    Groan Thanks Bryn.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

By the way, this adds to my doubts about the authenticity of the disc. If the Zappa Family Trust does have access to the masters, let's indeed hope they do eventually get issued.

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        let us know if its worth getting.......look forward to the review !!

(don't suppose it will get much of an airing on radio 1 ).
        Or Radio3 ?

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

If it's the Ozit issue, it looks very much to still be a compilation of 'bootleg' material:
          What's the difference between bootleg material & music downloaded or copied from the intenet without payment?

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            Or Radio3 ?
            Rather more likely, on LJ.

Comment

• Rumbaba

There are various live versions of tracks (which aren't bad) but the studio versions of 'Floppy Boot Stomp', 'Owed't'Alex', etc sound too good quality to be from a bootleg cassette tape. Mind you, I recently got 'Lick my decals off, baby' on vinyl and it is just so much better than CD: it's the first vinyl I have bought for years. To be honest, I have only listened to Dust Sucker on ipod, I really need to blast it through my HiFi to judge properly. It was certainly sold as being from the original masters, following settling of the legal disputes. It was supposed to be released on Don's 71st birthday (but got delayed).

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                You can have a listen to 'Dust Sucker' on spotty if you do that kind of thing Beef Oven. I'd never heard of it till a short while back and it was good to hear but I headed back for 'Bat Chain Puller'.
                http://open.spotify.com/album/6B7hJ31gTsTvFaXDzlWGjn
                Currently listening/watching/reading my way through Dust Sucker.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Getting back on topic, I have just been advised by email that the following are on their way from MDT:

1 x 8223527 VILLA-LOBOS Bachianas Brasileiras, Pequena Suite, Capriccio, Preludio No. 2, Bachianas brasilieras No. 2, Elegie, Bachianas ...
                  1 x 8223711 BERNERS The Triumph Of Neptune, L`Uomo dai Baffi, Valses Bourgeoises, Polka - English Northern Philharmonic, Royal Ballet ...
                  1 x 8223788 MILHAUD Les Maries De La Tour Eiffelm Les Machines d'Agricoles HONEGGER 6 Poesies de Jean Cocteau - Florence Katz, Ensemble ...
                  1 x 822402425 NORGARD A Drummers Tale-Episode One - Gert Sorensen, Palle Mikkelborg, Per Norgard DaCapo 2cds
                  1 x 8553344 WALTON Hamlet, As You Like It Michael Sheen, RTE Concert Orchestra / Andrew Penny Naxos
                  1 x HATN120 TENNEY, JAMES Music for Violin and Piano. Marc Sabat, Stephen Clarke. Hat Art
                  1 x MO782168 DUSAPIN Perela, Man of Smoke. John Graham-Hall, Choeurs de l`opera national de Montpellier, Christophe Talmont, Orchestre ...
                  1 x 8558191-92 MAXWELL DAVIES, PETER A Portrait, His Works, His Life, His Words. Naxos 2cds
                  1 x 8557903 ROSLAVETS, NIKOLAI Violin Sonatas Nos. 1, 4 & 6, Sonata No. 6, Sonata No. 4, Sonata No. 1, Three Dances. Naxos
                  1 x 8223867 GERHARD Complete Piano Music. Jordi Maso. Marco Polo
                  1 x 8223941 ZHU, JAINER Symphonic Fantasia, Symphony No. 4. Shanghai Philharmonic Orchestra / Peng Cao. Marco Polo
                  1 x 8223918 THE WHITE-HAIRED GIRL (SUITE), Spring Festival Overture, Heroes Monument. Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra / Kektjiang Lim.
                  1 x 8223699 KETELBEY Piano Works, Vol. 1. Rosemary Tuck. Marco Polo
                  1 x 8802068 RAVEL Orchestral Works. Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra / Bernard Haitink. Newton Classics 2cds

Comment

• Mahlerei

Quite a list, Bryn. I'd be interested to know your opinion of the Gerhard/Maso; I'm a great admirer of Maso's Mompou cycle.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
                      Quite a list, Bryn. I'd be interested to know your opinion of the Gerhard/Maso; I'm a great admirer of Maso's Mompou cycle.
                      That's the order that came to just over £50, thus qualifying for free p&p, Mahlerei. The Gerhard piano music cost all of £2.75. The package is being sent to my workplace. Hopefully it will get there by Monday, (I rest Tuesday and Wednesday next week).

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Nethers

Is that Maxwell Daves anthology assembled from Collins Classics originals ??

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Nethers

Is that Maxwell Daves anthology assembled from Collins Classics originals ??
                          It's this thing, Alison:

Conveniently buy, stream or download at Naxos anytime. Add 8.558191-92 from Naxos Educational to your classical music collection today.

At £3.75 for 2 CDs, I thought it worth a punt, if mainly for the CDROM aspect.

Comment

• robk
                            • Nov 2010

This arrived today:

£5.69 (including postage) for two Shostakovich CD's including Ogden in the 2nd Piano Concerto. Han-na Chang in the 1st Cello Concerto and Sarah Chang in the 1st violin concerto. It fills some gaps in my collection and sounds very impressive. Worth waiting two weeks for.

Comment

• Beef Oven

That's the order that came to just over £50, thus qualifying for free p&p, Mahlerei. The Gerhard piano music cost all of £2.75. The package is being sent to my workplace. Hopefully it will get there by Monday, (I rest Tuesday and Wednesday next week).
                              Bryn, I am curious. Why do you have your packages sent to your workplace?

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                                Bryn, I am curious. Why do you have your packages sent to your workplace?

And Bryn, have you contributed to the 'Does your partner share your musical tastes' board. And are tjhe two related?

Comment

Working...
                                X