What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Simon Rattle . The Soloists CBSO box.

On its way from Germany.......hmmm.......
    ...and he’s on his way there!

Looks a good box, though I have many duplications. Is your delivery from Momox?- I have had a number of CDs from them in the past and they’ve been pretty reliable but none since 31/12 - keep us informed with this, ts!

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

Got the new Soli Deo Gloria Bach CD winging its way to me from Presto Classical.

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Keller set of Bartok string quartets ordered yesterday; message just received to say that they have been despatched, with an arrival date of 17 February!
        Ordered through dodax-online-uk, so hopefully with no extra charge, but I wonder where they're coming from if they're taking that long, even with current postal disruptions.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
          Keller set of Bartok string quartets ordered yesterday; message just received to say that they have been despatched, with an arrival date of 17 February!
          Ordered through dodax-online-uk, so hopefully with no extra charge, but I wonder where they're coming from if they're taking that long, even with current postal disruptions.
          Don't they often quote Switzerland as their origin ? I may be mistaken though.

Good luck with the charges.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Don't they often quote Switzerland as their origin ? I may be mistaken though.

Good luck with the charges.
            It just said despatched from dodax-online-uk, so I'm hoping that the 'uk' bit will mean no extra charges, regardless of where the package actually gets sent from.
            We shall see!

Comment

• Katzelmacher
              • Jan 2021

It just said despatched from dodax-online-uk, so I'm hoping that the 'uk' bit will mean no extra charges, regardless of where the package actually gets sent from.
              We shall see!
              I bought a CD off ebay from them at the beginning of the year and it arrived a fortnight ago. Despatched from Britain, no extra charge.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

We shall see!
                Please keep us posted Pulc!

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Yes, please do. Dodax was one of the very few Marketplace sellers who gave me a problem.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Yes, please do. Dodax was one of the very few Marketplace sellers who gave me a problem.
                    Let me guess Pet - was it on the lines of not receiving an order and when you informed them of the non-arrival they quickly sent a ‘replacement’?

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

I let out a sigh of relief when my amazon.it order for "Mariss Jansons: The Oslo Years" was delivered on the 29th December. Three days later and the benefit of ordering from Italy would have been transformed into its opposite.

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                        Got the new Soli Deo Gloria Bach CD winging its way to me from Presto Classical.
                        This arrived today.

Comment

• CallMePaul
                          • Jan 2014

Sophy Roberts' The Lost Pianos of Siberia. I had an email from Blackwells earlier today to say it has been despatched. It should be a fascinating read!

Comment

• Jonathan
                            • Mar 2007

Yes, I thought that book sounded interesting too.

Out next week is the final installment of Risto-Matti Marin's incredible recordings of Stradal's hugely difficult transcriptions of Liszt's Symphonic Poems: toccataclassics.com/product/liszt-symphonic-poems-volume-four/

A definate must get for me...
                            Best regards,
                            Jonathan

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

We shall see!
                              Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Just dropped through the letter box (so much earlier than estimate of 17 February).
                              No extra charges. Custom [sic] Declaration CN23 attached with value (in GBP) filled in.
                              Posted in The Netherlands. (Their corporate headquarters is in Switzerland, though, in the Canton of Zug.)

A particularly welcome arrival, as today's my birthday!

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Bruges-la-Morte, Georges Rodenbach. Colissimo International and Parcelforce agree that it was delivered to me last Friday, 29 January. And Parcelforce have a photo of the signature (actually the driver's mark as we're not allowed to touch the machine).

Parcelforce has messaged the driver to ring me and say what he actually did with it
                                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X