What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Now that is interesting....
    Shame they couldn't find room for Mahler's 10th
    I should say! I wonder what the actual works are on that.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      I should say! I wonder what the actual works are on that.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Thanks Bryn.

I must confess that I LOL'd when I saw "ANTON WEBERN Six Orchestral Pieces. arr. Webern", until I suddenly remembered that the original Op. 6 was scored for a large orchestra, it being the work that included the famous "funeral march", not the 5 movement Op 10 of 1913.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Thanks Bryn.

I must confess that I LOL'd when I saw "ANTON WEBERN Six Orchestral Pieces. arr. Webern", until I suddenly remembered that the original Op. 6 was scored for a large orchestra, it being the work that included the famous "funeral march", not the 5 movement Op 10 of 1913.
          Yes, I have a cassette recording of a Radio 3 broadcast of Cerha directing a performance of the reduced version somewhere. There is also another version using forces in between the complement of this version and the original for large orchestra.

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Oliver Soden's biography of Tippett has just turned up.
            The Ansermet Bartok 2CD Eloquence set is apparently not due until 22 June!

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

On its way in the post - Five Original Albums each of Wayne Shorter and John Scofield.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                On its way in the post - Five Original Albums each of Wayne Shorter and John Scofield.
                Hmm, the Wayne Shorter box been on my wish list for a while, do feel free to give a recommendation or otherwise !!
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Hmm, the Wayne Shorter box been on my wish list for a while, do feel free to give a recommendation or otherwise !!

It's bound to be good, although it doesn't feature two of Shorter's best albums, Speak No Evil and Juju (both of which I used to own and will probably buy again soon. Actually, I thought - in fact, know I bought Speak No Evil again, but it apparently has disappeared, so it looks like I'll have to buy it a third time. )

Comment

• Barbirollians
                    • Nov 2010

The 1989 Ashkenazy/Cleveland accounts of the Beethoven Piano Concertos -more highly rated by RO than the Solti set and going for a song on Amazon each of the three discs for less than a pound.

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

The new Source d'un Regard Dalbavie CD, despite being quite expensive, I am waiting for in the post.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

Not quite the right thread, as it arrived yesterday:
                        Martinu: The Greek Passion
                        Soloists/Brno State Philharmonic O/Czech Philharmonic Chorus/Mackerras (Supraphon)

Nice solution to booklet provision: two booklets, one in each of the 'spaces' in a normal-size 2CD set.
                        One is just libretto, the other cast list, essay, performer details, etc.

Comment

• vinteuil
                          • Nov 2010

... the complete organ works of Louis Couperin :

and volume six of Pierre Hantaï 's Scarlatti :

and, following yesterday's Proms interval discussion, Strauss's re-writing of Mozart's Idomeneo :

Last edited by vinteuil; 08-09-19, 12:06.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                            Not quite the right thread, as it arrived yesterday:
                            Martinu: The Greek Passion
                            Soloists/Brno State Philharmonic O/Czech Philharmonic Chorus/Mackerras (Supraphon)

Nice solution to booklet provision: two booklets, one in each of the 'spaces' in a normal-size 2CD set.
                            One is just libretto, the other cast list, essay, performer details, etc.
                            I have the CDs and the DVD but find the work much harder to relate to than Jullietta/e. I must try again.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                              I have the CDs and the DVD but find the work much harder to relate to than Jullietta/e. I must try again.
                              It's all part of my preparation for seeing the Opera North production in Leeds next Saturday.
                              I've already listened to (streamed) the Czech version (Pešek) a couple of times, but thought it worthwhile getting the English Mackerras version.

Comment

• Jonathan
                                • Mar 2007

I'm currently waiting for Mark Viner's Alkan Preludes, 3 volumes of the Hyperion Romantic Piano concerto series (vols.15, 32 and another I can't remember just now) and a Russian Disc of Anton Rubinstein's Ocean Symphony in the original 4 movement version.
                                Best regards,
                                Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X