What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zucchini
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    They don't do emails now, but here's the current help page....

You should get a credit back in your account for the Vouchers, once the order is cancelled....
    It's listed for despatch 1-5 July from Chalkys UK in Banbury. I wouldn't dream of wasting Amazon's and my own time over it - yet.

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

Awaiting the Schiff/OAE Brahms piano concerto discs. Contemplating buy the Pat Kop Schoenberg Pierre Lunaire disc. I’m determined to crack this piece!

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

The Brautigam complete Mozart piano concertos is winging its way to me via Presto Music.

Comment

• CallMePaul
          • Jan 2014

Kit Armstrong's discs of Byrd and Bull. I ordered these from Presto some 3 weeks ago and they tell me either that it is out of stock at the UK distributor or that the release date has been put back. I now see that Amazon has the recital in stock, so does anyone know what is going on?

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by CallMePaul View Post
            Kit Armstrong's discs of Byrd and Bull. I ordered these from Presto some 3 weeks ago and they tell me either that it is out of stock at the UK distributor or that the release date has been put back. I now see that Amazon has the recital in stock, so does anyone know what is going on?
            I had the same problem only the other way round with a Rafael Kubelik boxed set. I 'pre-ordered' from Amazon who claimed in stock on day of release. They obviously hadn't got it because they were unable to send it. I eventually cancelled Amazon and got it from Presto without problem. Beware if Amazon say 'in stock' and give you a long forward date.

As to what's going on I wouldn't be surprised if it's not another Brexit 'benefit'.
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Jonathan
              • Mar 2007

Not entirely sure...I ordered a cd on eBay only to receive an email from the seller saying it was damaged in their warehouse so they didn't want to sell it (yes, I don't believe that for a millisecond - more likely that they saw how much the other copies sell for elsewhere) so they asked me for an alternative. I suggested one but the email I received back implied they'd found another copy of the first one. At least it will be a surprise!

DVD wise, in a moment of silliness, I ordered both Lego movies from eBay for £3. I missed the 2nd one at the cinema a couple of years ago. Looking forward to seeing them both hopefully at the weekend!
              Best regards,
              Jonathan

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

I ordered the newly released Furtwängler Warner boxed set from Amazon last Friday, September 24. To my surprise they sent me an email that evening saying that delivery would be made by the Royal Mail with a delivery date quoted of the next day. Aside from the fact that we don't have a parcel delivery on a Saturday, I've not had a parcel ('delivery by Amazon' quoted on the order) handed over to the Royal Mail by Amazon for several years.

Now getting an email saying if it hasn't arrived today then I can ask for a refund but parcel deliveries here are slow at the best of times and I wouldn't expect it by the end of this week, if then.

What's going on here? Anyone else having similar messages?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                  I ordered the newly released Furtwängler Warner boxed set from Amazon last Friday, September 24. To my surprise they sent me an email that evening saying that delivery would be made by the Royal Mail with a delivery date quoted of the next day. Aside from the fact that we don't have a parcel delivery on a Saturday, I've not had a parcel ('delivery by Amazon' quoted on the order) handed over to the Royal Mail by Amazon for several years.

Now getting an email saying if it hasn't arrived today then I can ask for a refund but parcel deliveries here are slow at the best of times and I wouldn't expect it by the end of this week, if then.

It looks readily available here....

If it doesn't come, can you cancel the first and order this instead?
                  I occasionally find DPD or Royal Mail (not good - they won't leave it on the step & take it away to a depot......) are the courier, but it is quite rare, yes - usually its Amazon Logistics...

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Do bear in mind that delivery drivers need to fuel their vehicles.

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                      I will do that if it doesn't arrive but it is now more than I paid for it and Amazon have taken my money. The initial email I got had tracking information as 'Carrier collected package' which, if true, must mean the package is already in the system. This isn't the first time that Amazon have messed me about recently.

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        Do bear in mind that delivery drivers need to fuel their vehicles.
                        Indeed so, but at the time of order on Friday, September 24, the fuel problem had only just started and unless they had some clever foresight, Amazon wouldn't have known there would be a full-blown crisis.

It's not so much that the set hasn't arrived as my wondering if others have had similar responses with orders placed at around the same time.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

I might need to duck for cover for this but the DVD of the NY Met's production of the Glass (in association with Shalom Goldman, Robert Israel, Richard Riddell and Jerome Robbins) opera, Akhnaten. I went to the original E.N.O staged production and am intrigued to see and hear what this later production has to offer. It has no real chance of redeming the drop-off in Glass's work that it represents but a certan curate might grin and bear it. I received a Royal Mail 2nd Class dispatch notification today.

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Indeed so, but at the time of order on Friday, September 24, the fuel problem had only just started and unless they had some clever foresight, Amazon wouldn't have known there would be a full-blown crisis.

It's not so much that the set hasn't arrived as my wondering if others have had similar responses with orders placed at around the same time.
                            Sorry to head off on something of a tangent, but a piano I ordered and paid for a couple weeks ago was eventually delivered yesterday to the venue it was purchased for. This was after the last-minute cacellation, by the movers, of a delivery scheduled for last Friday. Builders, gas engineers and piano movers, eh? Oh, and Amazon.

Comment

• Joseph K
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2017

A few late birthday treats to myself:

FURT - equals

FURT - sense

Regarding the latter, I was attracted to the description:

'Too often, critics make an automatic separation between ‘emotion’ and ‘intellect’, a framework which will get one nowhere with FURT. Instead, their music shows graphically how fused, how inseparable are the two. As Richard Barrett puts it: "The music is motivated by emotional and sensual considerations as much as by anything else. Without wishing to sound too pretentious I think it’s concerned with finding and exploring (musical) states of consciousness to which the word ‘ecstasy’ might well be completely appropriate (at least in an etymological sense)."'

Just a few days ago I was reading a trip report entitled 'Ek-stasis' where someone describes their LSD trip as ecstatic in the literal etymological sense as standing outside oneself.

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Did you get your Furtwangler set, Petty?

Comment

Working...
                                X