What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnb
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Bruges-la-Morte, Georges Rodenbach. Colissimo International and Parcelforce agree that it was delivered to me last Friday, 29 January. And Parcelforce have a photo of the signature (actually the driver's mark as we're not allowed to touch the machine).

Parcelforce has messaged the driver to ring me and say what he actually did with it
    I don't know whether this is correct but some time ago I was talking to one of the Royal Mail/Parcelforce drivers and he told me that their gadget takes a photo of the front door in of the house the parcel is delivered to.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by johnb View Post
      I don't know whether this is correct but some time ago I was talking to one of the Royal Mail/Parcelforce drivers and he told me that their gadget takes a photo of the front door in of the house the parcel is delivered to.
      Yes, that is correct - various couriers e.g. the excellent, ever-flexible DPD always do this too...

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by johnb View Post
        That would be good. My letterbox will take a C4 envelope and should take a larger format paperback (and if it didn't, I have consulted my lockdown journal for last Friday and I didn't go out). Driver hasn't rung yet though …
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Warner’s “ (in) Complete Berlioz”, managed to pick one up for about £32.

I recently took the plunge on the Chandos 40 box, which so far I am really pleased with, half a dozen discs in.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Bruges-la-Morte, Georges Rodenbach. Colissimo International and Parcelforce agree that it was delivered to me last Friday, 29 January. And Parcelforce have a photo of the signature (actually the driver's mark as we're not allowed to touch the machine).

Parcelforce has messaged the driver to ring me and say what he actually did with it
            Speechless. I was just talking to a neighbour who had brought me some shopping when a young woman from two doors away (student shared house) appeared with a parcel. "Sorry, we've had this for a few days." To be precise, you've had it since 29 January and the parcel was a small format paperback which would easily have gone through my letterbox at any time during the preceding 14 days (this is the 15th day).

I had wondered whether they were all away and it had been left at an empty house - but, no, the lights were on in the evening a week ago when I checked. Am I wrong in thinking there was a time, back in the past, when people in their late teens/early twenties were beginning to get quite responsible? Must now ring Parcelforce …
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

Just snapped up a new one of these for 26 quid. I wanted this one specifically because it was stolen and I decided I want to replace it. The next cheapest new one was 77 pounds...

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                Just snapped up a new one of these for 26 quid. I wanted this one specifically because it was stolen and I decided I want to replace it. The next cheapest new one was 77 pounds...

I see it has Porthleven lad, John Treleaven as a soloist

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

I'm still awaiting delivery from Amazon of the Decca Eloquence boxed set featuring Rafael Kubelik which I 'pre-ordered' on June 6. A release date of June 18 was quoted (Presto said June 11) and delivery was down for that day. Instead, I had an e-mail from Amazon saying they were trying to obtain the set and would e-mail a delivery date when they were able.

I wondered if anyone has managed to get this box as it's a long way from Amazon's usual service.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Jonathan
                    • Mar 2007

Partly after reading BBM's posting about Jorge Bolet's Liszt 2nd Annees de Pelerinage the other day, I bought the boxed set of Bolet's Liszt recordings from eBay the other day for the princely sum of £10! It should be here by the end of the week.
                    Best regards,
                    Jonathan

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

Got the Finnissy - Câtana/String Trio/Contretänze disk winging its way to me.

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                        Got the Finnissy - Câtana/String Trio/Contretänze disk winging its way to me.
                        This arrived a few hours ago: I've lined it up for listening this evening.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          I'm still awaiting delivery from Amazon of the Decca Eloquence boxed set featuring Rafael Kubelik which I 'pre-ordered' on June 6. A release date of June 18 was quoted (Presto said June 11) and delivery was down for that day. Instead, I had an e-mail from Amazon saying they were trying to obtain the set and would e-mail a delivery date when they were able.

I wondered if anyone has managed to get this box as it's a long way from Amazon's usual service.
                          Looks like its still there....

So either: cancel the original order and reorder from that page (maybe Music Magpie?), or get it from Presto for a few quid cheaper....

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            Looks like its still there....

So either: cancel the original order and reorder from that page (maybe Music Magpie?), or get it from Presto for a few quid cheaper....
                            https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...ubelik%20decca
                            Problem is that I used some Amazon vouchers from a recent birthday to get this set. Presumably if I cancel I get the vouchers back. I thought I'd hang on for a few days but it's now a week. Is there an email address to chase them up?
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Is there an email address to chase them up?
                              I've found them quite good at giving you a telephone ring-back - if you can find the correct link. You do get a Person to speak to.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2011

Problem is that I used some Amazon vouchers from a recent birthday to get this set. Presumably if I cancel I get the vouchers back. I thought I'd hang on for a few days but it's now a week. Is there an email address to chase them up?
                                They don't do emails now, but here's the current help page....

You should get a credit back in your account for the Vouchers, once the order is cancelled....

Comment

Working...
                                X