What CD, book, DVD etc are you waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Sibelius - Symphonies 1-7
    Chamber Orchestra Of Europe, Paavo Berglund. Finlandia.

Happy Jayne!!??
    REFUND!!

LOST IN POST!!

I DON'T WANT REFUND, I WANT MUSIC!!!

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

The 4 discs that I ordered SHM-CD from cdjapan arrived. I've got a busy weekend planned but hope I get around to some critical listening...

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
        The 4 discs that I ordered SHM-CD from cdjapan arrived. I've got a busy weekend planned but hope I get around to some critical listening...
        Remind us, what are the 4 discs?

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Bruckner 3 BPO Bohm. Decca. Japanese master/pressing. A replacement for an earlier purchase that has an odd edit 8 mins 35 secs into the first movement. These Watford pressings aint all they're cracked up to be.

Comment

• richardfinegold
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
            Remind us, what are the 4 discs?
            I am a bit puzzled at the choices I made myself...One is Bohm leading the VPO at NHK Hall in Tokyo in Brahms 1. Appetizing, but I won't be able to compare it to the same music on a conventional disc, because I am doubting it was ever issued outside the Far East. One is Abbado in Mendelssohn Italian/Scottish Symphonies, and I don't have a comparator disc for that either. One is Karajan in Nielsen/4; at least I have the lp somewhere...and finally the one that I am most eager to hear, Lupu in late Brahms. This was a very treasured Decca lp that I recently purchased as part of a Lupu boxed set and both always sounded terrific. Now I need Barenboim to finish up in Mahler/7 so I can begin...

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
              I am a bit puzzled at the choices I made myself...One is Bohm leading the VPO at NHK Hall in Tokyo in Brahms 1. Appetizing, but I won't be able to compare it to the same music on a conventional disc, because I am doubting it was ever issued outside the Far East. One is Abbado in Mendelssohn Italian/Scottish Symphonies, and I don't have a comparator disc for that either. One is Karajan in Nielsen/4; at least I have the lp somewhere...and finally the one that I am most eager to hear, Lupu in late Brahms. This was a very treasured Decca lp that I recently purchased as part of a Lupu boxed set and both always sounded terrific. Now I need Barenboim to finish up in Mahler/7 so I can begin...
              I think I know those recordings, and if the Jap masterings are an improvement, you're in for a treat.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Arnold Chamber Music (Hyperion/Helios: Nash Ensemble); three volumes on their way.
                Recommended by teamsaint (inter alia) on the What British....... thread, not that my arm needed that much twisting.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Arnold Chamber Music (Hyperion/Helios: Nash Ensemble); three volumes on their way.
                  Recommended by teamsaint (inter alia) on the What British....... thread, not that my arm needed that much twisting.
                  Pukcinella, let us know!!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
                    Host
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                    Pukcinella, let us know!!
                    Will do!
                    Not in today's delivery, sadly!
                    My anticipation of their arrival was reawakened by hearing Enescu's Dixtuor (in the recording I have) on Radio 3 yesterday; I'm hoping to be similarly delighted by some of the textures, though perhaps the Arnold will have some of his melancholy lurking below the apparent jollity.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

This

arrived this morning

It's probably not very good though

Comment

• robk
                        • Nov 2010

Petrenko Elgar 1, Haas Quartet Smetana and The Bridge is Love on Naxos with Julian Lloyd Webber. I was captivated by Sospiri played on CD Review. Some sentiment here too if it turns out to be JLW's last recording.
                        I am very tempted to go for the Svetlanov Gerontius - Felicity Palmer sounded terrifying as the angel. CD Review has been expensive this week.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by robk View Post
                          Petrenko Elgar 1, Haas Quartet Smetana and The Bridge is Love on Naxos with Julian Lloyd Webber. I was captivated by Sospiri played on CD Review. Some sentiment here too if it turns out to be JLW's last recording.
                          I am very tempted to go for the Svetlanov Gerontius - Felicity Palmer sounded terrifying as the angel. CD Review has been expensive this week.
                          The JLW cd is, imho, quite outstanding. If he can make an orchestra play as well as this then the 'cello's loss will be conducting's gain. The Smetana cd is simply wonderful.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                            • Nov 2010

Gergiev and Kavakos in DSCH 9 and the first violin concerto. Tennstedt and the LPO playing a live Pastoral symphony. Both released today so, with any luck, here by Wednesday.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                              • Nov 2010

Actually, not sure if this is off topic or not but the prospect of Angela Hewitt's Scarlatti cd sounds fantastic. Mind you, it's only just been recorded so may be some time before it hits the shelves.

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                                Angela Hewitt's Scarlatti

. . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X