X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

In memory: Frederick treves

A very fine actor who brought a terrific presence and quality to the many parts he played. While invariably being cast in tweeds as a country grandee or Whitehall fixer, his originality rendered characters that were fully formed, as if they had an existence before emerging on the screen.

Yet another new membership required in Heaven's Green Room.
  • Anna

And an obituary here in The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...ederick-treves. One of those actors whose face is so familiar but perhaps his name is not so well known to television audiences?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      One of those actors whose face is so familiar but perhaps his name is not so well known to television audiences?
      Exactly so, Anna; thanks for the link. A fine character actor.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• marthe

I'm sorry to read about the death of Frederick Treves. He was part of the cast of many British productions that were shown in the US as part of the Masterpiece Theatre series. I do remember him from Jewel in the Crown where he played Judy Parfitt's husband and Geraldine James's father.

Comment

• Segilla
          • Nov 2010

He was the great nephew of Sir Frederick Treves (1853-1923) the surgeon who befriended Joseph Merrick, The Elephant Man.

Comment

Working...
          X