• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

a well earned appointment for Stuart Lancaster as England manager
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      a well earned appointment for Stuart Lancaster as England manager
      Thank goodness that in a week of political incompetence (granny tax, hot pasties, kitchen suppers and jerry cans of petrol in your garage ) the RFU has made the right decision

I liked what I saw of the way that Lancaster's England team plays and no-one, even the greatest patriot, would mind losing to a team that plays attractive intelligent rugby. But Johnson & Robinson had created such a lumbering style I guess that anything positive looks like the Holy Grail - let's hope that it isn't a flash in the pan (I speak as a fervent supporter of Wales! )

Well done RFU!
      Last edited by Guest; 29-03-12, 17:32. Reason: get your meals sorted

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Thank goodness that in a week of political incompetence (granny tax, hot pasties, kitchen breakfasts and jerry cans of petrol in your garage ) the RFU has made the right decision
        Hear hear....

It's been a particularly surreal week for news. Not least PastyGate, e.g. this revelation:

Energy Secretary Ed Davey has become the latest politician to join the pasty tax row, revealing he worked in a pork pie factory as a teenager.

Just proving you can take the Nottingham boy out of the pork pie factory, but you can't take the pork pies out of...

Ed Balls was also a Nottinghamian. Did he too engage in clandestine pastry and processed meat work?! We should be told
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

... but does the success of the Welsh in their Rugby Grand Slam threaten the life of the Pope?

Each time Wales achieves the rugby grand slam, a Pope dies - with the exception of of 1978, when the Welsh rugbymen were particularly brilliant - and two Popes died...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... but does the success of the Welsh in their Rugby Grand Slam threaten the life of the Pope?

Each time Wales achieves the rugby grand slam, a Pope dies - with the exception of of 1978, when the Welsh rugbymen were particularly brilliant - and two Popes died...

http://bigbrowser.blog.lemonde.fr/20...r+RSS-32280322
            You are delving deep into the recesses of t'internet this afternoon, vinchaud !!
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
            X