Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

WHY....didn't Reddan pass back for a drop goal....????
    bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Wales v Italy. Guess most people out in the sunshine weeding and mowing and haven't seen it so will not give score. Very disappointing for Wales in first half, Italian defence though rock solid. Game didn't come alive until around 49 mins in. Was that a yellow for Halfpenny? I think not, clumsy tackle, no intent intended. As for the reffing - has a Ref ever talked so much and slowed things down?

Looking forward to Ireland v Scotland now but The Big Match has to be tomorrow, betting here is on England to nail it by small margin.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Wales v Italy. Guess most people out in the sunshine weeding and mowing and haven't seen it so will not give score. Very disappointing for Wales in first half, Italian defence though rock solid. Game didn't come alive until around 49 mins in. Was that a yellow for Halfpenny? I think not, clumsy tackle, no intent intended. As for the reffing - has a Ref ever talked so much and slowed things down?

Looking forward to Ireland v Scotland now but The Big Match has to be tomorrow, betting here is on England to nail it by small margin.
        A fine analysis Anna. Lawd but don't these anthems go on

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

over 20 minutes of just scrummaging....in Ireland v Scots....as said Scots scrum fell apart after subs came on....
          bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

The English bench is a bit low on ability I think....they too lapsed as their subs took over aginst Wales last week....Courtney Laws not much discipline I think....must be better locks than he surely....
            bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

er bliss i think covers it; no sourer puss than Sarkozy's ..... well played England and the team has major scope for improvement ....
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                er bliss i think covers it; no sourer puss than Sarkozy's...
                Indeed... Sarko looked like a pekinese licking pipi off a chardon. Always good value. Plus I had a sofa-ful of Froggies here to enjoy it all with!

"...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Good that England won!

Wales going to win the tournament though, with GD?

(Unfortunately I had my interest turned to the Regionals for the national Brass Band Championships of GB )
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

well what a grey wet day, perfick for a whole afternoon of six nations rugby on the bbc .... memories of the 70s eh ......

i hope all the teams have a good game, that England & Italy win,and wish both France and Wales the very best in knocking six bells out of each other!
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

I hope Wales do it for the memory of Mervyn Davies. I saw him play several times for Wales and was a spectator at the Welsh cup semi-final game where he suffered his nearly fatal brain haemorrhage. I'd like Scotland finally to play to their ability and get a win, and Ireland to win at Twickenham. But having had a succession of failures on the Cheltenham horses, I'm not predicting anything.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                        I hope Wales do it for the memory of Mervyn Davies. I saw him play several times for Wales and was a spectator at the Welsh cup semi-final game where he suffered his nearly fatal brain haemorrhage. I'd like Scotland finally to play to their ability and get a win, and Ireland to win at Twickenham. But having had a succession of failures on the Cheltenham horses, I'm not predicting anything.
                        My abiding memory of Mervyn Davies is of his battered form leaving the field after a Welsh international victory, staggering down the tunnel past the cameraman and Cliff Morgan's voice saying "And there's Mervyn Davies ... moustached but happy!"

A great rugby player has left us.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

that generation of Welsh Rugby players were all giants ... i have a deep respect for them all .... and the incessant defeats they inflicted on England! Their true memorial eh!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

[QUOTE=aeolium;141657]I hope Wales do it for the memory of Mervyn Davies.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Aye Aye....it's the Alain Rolande show again....
                              bong ching

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                that generation of Welsh Rugby players were all giants ... i have a deep respect for them all .... and the incessant defeats they inflicted on England! Their true memorial eh!
                                Tidy result!

Not pretty, pretty brutal but ...... Trinh-Duc deliberately throwing the ball away? I think the French wanted to spoil the party!

Comment

Working...
                                X