• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Find the story

A clue to a news story ... can it be found?
    Any one can set a poser ....

First clue: Balls

Answer here [you don't have to look]
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 18-01-12, 12:07.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Lateralthinking1

Roofs? Here is the discussion on whether it should be roofs or rooves. I am not convinced -

When I was a girl (and I walked barefoot to school no matter the weather ) I was taught that the plural of roof was rooves. While going through some of my son's school work yesterday there was this rule: Change F to v for words ending in f or fe. For example: loaf/loaves. Some exception…

Health and Safety? Governments only become concerned about others' welfare if they might lose money. Maybe Indonesia is worried that this kind of American insanity is imminent -

Hiroyuki Joho, 18, died when he ran in front of a 70mph Amtrak train at Edgebrook Metra station in Chicago in 2008. His severed torso hit a commuter on a neighboring platform.

Balls? - Just who or what exactly does Labour think is its natural constituency now? It has alienated almost everyone who was ever a friend. I can't think of a single policy that it has now which traditional Labour voters could support.

Foot's performance in 1983 will be seen as wonderful compared with what it will get in 2015, a General Election which will be remembered in history as having the lowest ever turnout to date.
    Last edited by Guest; 18-01-12, 13:45.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Hooves

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

nowt to do with politics lat
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

concrete balls above railway trains to dissuade people from riding on roofs. or rooves...

EDIT - I didn't look at the answer! honest, guv' ...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Is this anything to do with the new Kuala Namu airport being built on the island of Sumatra? It is supposed to show that the rail network in itself has insufficient capacity? We are therefore being encouraged to read across here to the umpteenth airport consultation about what I - and I assume Dave - refuse to call Boris Island? If so, I could tell you a thing or two. Oh yes.

Then there is extraordinary rendition. That's a newsworthy story. Information is power apparently. How lovely. Who knows what people might know given the appropriate conditions.
            Last edited by Guest; 18-01-12, 15:02.

Comment

• PatrickOD

S
              Last edited by Guest; 18-01-12, 23:18.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

How does that fit in with concrete balls in Indonesia Patrickod?

Comment

• PatrickOD

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                  How does that fit in with concrete balls in Indonesia Patrickod?
                  i
                  Last edited by Guest; 18-01-12, 23:20.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

'tis indeed the Indonesian Great Train Surf Impediment

Comment

• vinteuil
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                      'tis indeed the Indonesian Great Train Surf Impediment
                      ... nothing to do with The Giant Rat of Sumatra? *

* a tale for which, even now, the world is perhaps not yet prepared...

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Chelsea FC - Official Chelsea FC Supporters Club INDONESIA is the number 1 and biggest Chelsea Fans Base in South East Asia, with 2560 registered members to date and 12000 followers in INDONESIA.

Jazzbo Notes website - Kif is world fusion, but there is precious little jazz in it, unless you count the presence of improvisation. It’s mostly a blend of Middle Eastern and North African rhythms and modes, funk, and rock, but other influences makes themselves felt......Rufus Cappadocia’s solos, while perfectly competent, tend to stick to the same two or three modes, which isn’t all that exciting. There’s a great deal more energy and unpredictability to Fiuczynski’s playing. He’s as likely to whip out a INDONESIAN gamelan modal scale on the tune Chinese GoGo as a metal solo on Purple Vishnu.

Jakarta Times - INDONESIA will not lodge an appeal against a WTO ruling on the import ban of flavored tobacco by the US, citing satisfaction despite losing its argument on the efficacy of the ban in reducing the number of young smokers.

Ospreys breed in East INDONESIA and fly to Rutland Water in the Middle Kingdom.

Java Jazz Festival, INDONESIA - 2-4 March 2012. Buy train tickets now to avoid disappointment.
                        Last edited by Guest; 19-01-12, 02:02.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

another clue another story

clue two: balls

answer here

Comment

Working...
                          X