• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Eric von Daniken on Night Waves

Well Rupert Sheldrake actually, but hopefully you get the point. Radio 3 used to have serious science programmes a couple or so decades ago. Now we get sort of stuff. How come Sheldrake is turning up on the Beeb of late. Oh, another pseudo-science best-seller to push, I guess.
  • amateur51

Yay morphic resonance, why so many of Lloyds-Banks' tunes sound like someone else's?!

This programme however, was a cracker ....

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Yay morphic resonance, why so many of Lloyds-Banks' tunes sound like someone else's?!

This programme however, was a cracker ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...rizon_Special/
      Agreed, though I would love to know how those not already familiar with at least the basics would respond to it. I thought it popular science broadcasting at it best.

Comment

• Frances_iom
        • Mar 2007

I'd assumed that Sheldrake's 'science' resonated with the arts educated science-phobic who run R4 + R3 (he also appeared on 'question of belief') - sounds to me as tho' gone somewhat loopy in early old age thus ideal for broadcasting as bound to produce more heat than light.

Comment

• Russ

I liked the Sheldrake programme. Although I didn't agree with his wilder shores like morphic resonance, his central charge against scientific orthodoxy was well argued. The programme was not treated as a 'science one' because it was about Belief.

Russ

Comment

Working...
          X