• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Contrasts in our world

apologies the source changed the image!

The media have flocked to report the shocking torture of Sahar Gul for refusing to become a prostitute, but her case is just one example.
    Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, will receive $378 million worth of compensation for last year, the majority of which is from restricted shares. Cook’s salary in 2011 was only $900,000, but he’s set to get $376.2 million in shares that will be cashed in over the next 10 years. The stocks were given to him so he wouldn’t pursue another job.
    today in the Daily Beast
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 11-01-12, 11:32.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Paul Sherratt

Every day is night

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Paul, I think the image in clip 3 of the miner pushing the truck in 50 degrees Centigrade is staggering.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

a family business

catering a speciality
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
          Most of my meals probably cost me about 90p - but I don't have the wages and salaries of all those gathering, cooking and serving, nor the rip-off prices demanded of the NHS by suppliers to worry about... let alone a paternalised bevvy of servants I would advise against reading Lady Chatterly, etc etc.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

let's eat in

let's go on the roof

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

That's a cockamany BBC news thingy because it says at the end of the article the price is actually £8....pwshhh
              bong ching

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

>>>Paul, I think the image in clip 3 of the miner pushing the truck in 50 degrees Centigrade is staggering.

John,

I saw the film at the end of December at Geevor Tin Mine in Cornwall. The whole film is staggering.
                Should be shown in schools and on BBC 1 for one night only , in place that infantilising One Show.
                Neither the the book or a dvd were available at Geevor which was a pity. I think I'll have
                to get in touch with Monsieur Wicky, direct.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

English version
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Spanish version ( original )

Comment

Working...
                    X