X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anotherbob
    • Sep 2011

Choose a gardener.

Now that CFM have hired that Man For All Reasons Alan Titchmarsh, it can only be a matter of time before R3 gets its own gardener/presenter. If it were possible I would go for Arthur Fallowfield but given that he is both fictional and dead I won't hold my breath.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Nor will he.

If this does happen, my guess would be Rachel de Thame. (A well-known, popular broadcaster, nice voice, attractive young female with no known knowledge of Music or experience presenting it: ticks all the BBC boxes!)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Nor will he.

If this does happen, my guess would be Rachel de Thame. (A well-known, popular broadcaster, nice voice, attractive young female with no known knowledge of Music or experience presenting it: ticks all the BBC boxes!)
      She already did a stint as the 10.30 Essential Vital Wicked Classics guest back in the autumn
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          She already did a stint as the 10.30 Essential Vital Wicked Classics guest back in the autumn
          , indeed, Cali! I had no idea she'd done this! I'm seriously worried that another of my "predictions" (Rob Cowan reading out recipes over the slow movement of the Schubert String Quintet) isn't far off!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Presenters are quite irrelevant to the important things in life.The choice of a gardener, bricklayer or politician to present a programme isn't nearly as crazy and dragging a handful of celebrities off the street and attempting to train them as conductors just to allow them to follow a professional orchestra.

Comment

• mangerton
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              That's the way to go, CDJ! Just the very chaps, and given that nobody will know whether it was Bill or Ben, there will be ample scope for hours of fruitful debate on these boards.

I am assuming of course that Little Weed will also play a prominent part in the proceedings:

Comment

• Anna

I like Bob Flowerdew as he's organic but just because he was presenting a music programme it wouldn't mean I'd listen to it unless I also knew he was a classical music expert as well. Culture of Slebs is so wrong, can't stand Titchmarsh, something a bit smarmy about him. Although, David Mellor is pretty good on CFM.

Comment

• salymap
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

I can't stand Titchmarsh either, something creepy [and smarmy] about him.I haven't heard John Suchet on CFM
                  but he seems the best of a smarmy bunch on that channel. The ads and things they are presumably given to say
                  can't help much either.

Comment

Working...
                  X