X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    I was thinking of another Imogen who has been occupying my professional thoughts of late....
    I think she's in the process of writing the ABC of Footballers ...........

Comment

• rubbernecker

[COLOR="blue"]I was thinking of another Imogen who has been occupying my professional thoughts of late...

She's the one we're allowed to say is associated with the premiership footballer who took out an injunction. We're also allowed to say the premiership footballer who took out an injunction is Ryan Giggs. But we're not allowed to say she is the girl associated with Ryan Giggs (as she did not figure in the privileged Parliamentary debate). Except everyone knows that already. Such is the ridiculous state of the law in this country

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        I think she's in the process of writing the ABC of Footballers ...........
        That's your best yet, Anna...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
          Which 'J' features in (a) a song quoted in a suite by Eric Coates; (b) a song used in Peter Sellers movie in which you can also hear Vera Lynn; and (c) the title of a song recorded by one of the cast of 'Guns At Batasi'?
          Glad to see we're maintaining the elevated tone of this thread. Vinteuil will be pleased

Comment

• Norfolk Born

At least I don't watch 'The Apprentice'!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

...But we're not allowed to say she is the girl associated with Ryan Giggs (as she did not figure in the privileged Parliamentary debate).
              You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later reply on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.

From the US election and Biden's presidency, to gun control and abortion rights; stay up-to-date with the latest lines and comment with The Telegraph.

"...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• rubbernecker

something which you later reply on in court
                If you're going to read me my rights, at least do it ploperly...

I expect next you'll be warning FF to plaque her toothbrush

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

If you're going to read me my rights, at least do it ploperly...

I expect next you'll be warning FF to plaque her toothbrush
                  It's a fair cop.

(PS I copied the caution from an official police site

I imagine that particular constabulary doesn't get many convictions....)
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

At least I don't watch 'The Apprentice'!
                    And I never watched Corrie until I was led astray here, so be careful Ofca, you may join certain of us here who watch Lord Sugar!

(Personally, I think Tom will win it and Jim is a bit of a weasel)

Comment

• Anna

Which 'J' features in (a) a song quoted in a suite by Eric Coates; (b) a song used in Peter Sellers movie in which you can also hear Vera Lynn; and (c) the title of a song recorded by one of the cast of 'Guns At Batasi'?
                      Betty & Johnny, When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again, Johnny Remember Me ? Actually, not sure about the second one.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Johnny

'Johnny is a Tradesman and he works in the Borough' quoted in one of Coates's 'London' Suites, but I'm not sure which;
                        'When Johnny Comes Marching Home' used in Dr. Strangelove (at the end Vera Lynn sings 'We'll Meet Again');
                        'Johnny Remember Me' sung by John Leyton

EDIT: I type all that out and what happens...? It's 'dese damn broads... you gotta love 'em

Comment

• Anna

rubbers, you got the London Suite and supplied far more info so I think you win the K. Yes, the lack of refresh or warning someone has posted is slightly annoying isn't it.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            rubbers, you got the London Suite and supplied far more info so I think you win the K. Yes, the lack of refresh or warning someone has posted is slightly annoying isn't it.
                            Oh no, honey. You get the lil' ol' K, OK?

Besides, you know what I'm like with a Kalashnikov...

Comment

• Anna

Besides, you know what I'm like with a Kalashnikov...
                              All too well Ducks! We have to await Ofca.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I think Anna gets to set 'K' - well done - although neither of you were thinking of the same Eric Coates reference as I was. He uses the theme from 'Johnny Comes Down To Hilo' in 'The Man Fom The Sea' from the suite 'The Three Men'.

Comment

Working...
                                X