Clear All
  • Angle
    • Dec 2010

Kikimora seems like a nice girl

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Angle View Post
      Inquisitor, X, Y or Z or, if you wish, A, seems to be all yours.

No, not a V as I said earlier
      I shall come up with something while preparing supper...
      Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

• Anna

Blimey, Angle, you know some stuff!!

Kikimora is said to look after the chickens and the housework if the home is well-kept. If not, she will whistle, break dishes and makes noise at night.

Sounds just like my Nan!

Comment

• Angle
          • Dec 2010

I noted that she makes life for her husband and all other men, unbearable. I know a few Kikimoras, it seems.

Have a pleasant evening, Anna, and eat up

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Am I having even more blonde moments? Just looked at the R4 schedule for next Friday - anton and Ofca meant - Desert Island Discs!! Something I never listen to. I thought it must be some indepth stuff. Oh well, I'll give it a whirl. I like Dirk Bogarde, I saw a film with him called "Victim" not so long ago (ignore me and talk amongst yourself whilst I whitter on) about blackmail, very good it was I thought. Pre Wolfenden and all that. Seems odd don't it now, those attitudes?
            I thought Anton had written 'DVD' but in fact he wrote 'DID'. Nice to see AA motoring along without any help from us who aren't free to drop in every 5 minutes to see how many more questions have been set and answered.

Comment

• Anna

I noted that she makes life for her husband and all other men, unbearable. I know a few Kikimoras, it seems
              No Angle, do not tar me with the same brush. Some men are actually, well, probably, well, maybe, oh I dunno, Chicken? Only joking, all feathers and no trousers. Now, I am going offline. Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Mercia is not in sight.
                Don't worry - he'll be back. It's taken me 46 years, but I've finally discovered what Nietzsche meant by 'eternal recurrence'.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  Anna - I'm not sure if this was really a question - but if it was - I'm not sure it was answered - but anyroad up - Adagietto from Mahler 5 - the feem-toon for the fillum of Death in Venice - final shot of Dirk Bogarde dying on the lido gazing at the unattainable Tadzio - Bogarde's make-up theatrically drizzling down his face in the venetian sunshine as he dies - but you prob'ly knew all this anyway...
                  Also chosen, in a very different context, by Roger Waters on today's 'Desert Island Discs'.

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
                    • Mar 2007

Heading back to the beginning, which A links a fair maid (but not of Perth), Pasta and a Spanish Lady?
                    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                      Don't worry - he'll be back. It's taken me 46 years, but I've finally discovered what Nietzsche meant by 'eternal recurrence'.
                      In addition, the philosophical concept of eternal recurrence was addressed by Arthur Schopenhauer. It is a purely physical concept, involving no supernatural reincarnation, but the return of beings in the same bodies. Time is viewed as being not linear but cyclical.

Blimey, you lost me now. Oh, is it time for Corrie and German Philsophers What I Have Known?

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
                        • Mar 2007

No, it's nothing to do with Elgar...

Comment

• Anna

The Fair Maiden of Astolat? Arthurian stuff, perhaps?

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            The Fair Maiden of Astolat? Arthurian stuff, perhaps?
                            A frayed not, Anna.

Comment

• Angle
                              • Dec 2010

Back with two questions:

Does each element of the puzzle have a musical connection ?

Is it only the connecting A which begins with A ?

Shall be back again, later.

Comment

• Il Grande Inquisitor
                                • Mar 2007

Yes, Angle, all three elements have a musical connection, and all begin with A.

Comment

Working...
                                X