X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Lordy, things have moved apace while I came home (cycling down The Mall... it's nuts with old ladies in plastic coronets and tents and silly hats, but happily nuts) and had some dinner...

Diamonds and Etoiles.. now baubles and gold...

AA has gone über-camp in my absence!!

OK going to have a proper think about "F"
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
      features baubles in its middle
      anything remotely to do with Borodin and Kismet?

Comment

• rubbernecker

Not as kitsch as Kismet, but still pretty well-known.

You're also on the right lines with the award. But it's European and not quite as recent as this year.

I'm afraid my presence here is going to somewhat sporadic until mid-afternoon (not that I'm an ardent monarchist, I stress).

I believe there is some major televisual event today which will, if necessary, distract you from the boards sufficiently in the interim.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia
          were you mistaken for any Royal personage?
          A couple of grannies waved their flags at me.

I am getting nowhere with this, even with the award-related nudge... Baubles - Christmas tree - Nutcracker...?? Gold award "just" but not 2011...

Comment

• Anna

I dunno that I can concentrate on the F (ooh look, the Beckhams have arrived!! Why is he wearing a medal?) I was vaguely thinking Florestan as they won for their Schumann but that went nowhere.

Comment

• Anna

for services to the hairdressing industry? what do you think of the hats, Anna? ................ are you a hat wearer?
              Loving the hats mercia!!! Also loved the interview with the two hairdressers!!

Comment

• amateur51

for services to the hairdressing industry? what do you think of the hats, Anna? ................ are you a hat wearer?
                Only when she's out riding pillion with the Haverfordwest Lady Bikers

She only does it for the recipes & the crossword in their newsletter, natch

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Only when she's out riding pillion with the Haverfordwest Lady Bikers

She only does it for the recipes & the crossword in their newsletter, natch
                  Perfect, Ammy!!!

I thought the Fergie daughters' hats (which is where I tuned in) were a joke

Ams old fruit, tried to reply to your PM last night, yer box is full mate: 'ave a look!!!!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Perfect, Ammy!!!

Ams old fruit, tried to reply to your PM last night, yer box is full mate: 'ave a look!!!!
                    Thank ye kind Sir, you'll now find it in a pristine state of emptiness and awaiting whatever you may want to put into it

Comment

• Anna

Those girls don't have any style whatsoever and are rather dumpy aren't they? Anyway, I thought it was Fantabulosa!! I do love a bit of Pomp and Circumstance. The Anna Award for Sartorial Elegence goes to The King of Tonga, he looked so cool!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        Those girls don't have any style whatsoever and are rather dumpy aren't they? Anyway, I thought it was Fantabulosa!! I do love a bit of Pomp and Circumstance. The Anna Award for Sartorial Elegence goes to The King of Tonga, he looked so cool!
                        Oh I must look out for him, Anna.

Queen Salote of Tonga was my fave at the Coronation

Someone asked as her coach went by, "Who's the little man in the coach with her?"

And Noel Coward replied " That's her lunch!"

That story has been included to demonstrate to sundry parties that my sense of humour is not always strictly PC

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          Oh I must look out for him, Anna.

Queen Salote of Tonga was my fave at the Coronation

Someone asked as her coach went by, "Who's the little man in the coach with her?"

And Noel Coward replied " That's her lunch!"

That story has been included to demonstrate to sundry parties that my sense of humour is not always strictly PC
                          I'd forgotten that story!!

Your sense of humour is just fine Ammy!

I didn't spot the terrific Tongan either, will have to take a butcher's at the highlights.

Comment

• Anna

I didn't spot the terrific Tongan either, will have to take a butcher's at the highlights.
                            I doubt if he'll feature on the highlights, but it was a very stylish knee length double-breasted.

No-one has mentioned THE DRESS! I thought it was beautiful, timeless, classic. What did you guys think?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I'm afraid I was busy potting on my gazanias (an activity which is still legal on a Friday in Suffolk )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                I doubt if he'll feature on the highlights, but it was a very stylish knee length double-breasted.

No-one has mentioned THE DRESS! I thought it was beautiful, timeless, classic. What did you guys think?
                                I thought that she looked modern, stylish, utterly her own woman and very beautiful, Anna. Such composure while seemingly bursting with an understandable excitement too. I hope that it all works out for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X