• Mar 2007

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      crimson ?
      It must be King Crimson Epitaph, but I can't fit it to the clue yet
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

I've lost the wiki page, but I think there's a rapper named Cage who has done a sample (whatever that means) of Epitaph

oh, here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epitaph_(song)

Comment

• edashtav
          • Jul 2012

An Excellent Team Effort.

Yes, rapper Cage's album "Hell's Winter" contains a track based on an element copied from King Crimson's Epitaph

It's difficult to adjudicate but, on balance, I think mercs deserves the fate of supplying the F-word as he provided the initial breakthrough with Natalie Koussevitzky and then sewed up the loose ends with "the other Cage".

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
            An Excellent Team Effort.

Yes, rapper Cage's album "Hell's Winter" contains a track based on an element copied from King Crimson's Epitaph

It's difficult to adjudicate but, on balance, I think mercs deserves the fate of supplying the F-word as he provided the initial breakthrough with Natalie Koussevitzky and then sewed up the loose ends with "the other Cage".
            Never heard of rapper Cage - anyway he's good as dead if he starts messing around with Crimson's Epitaph!

Comment

• edashtav
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Never heard of rapper Cage - anyway he's good as dead if he starts messing around with Crimson's Epitaph!
              Thank God, he's completed his Epitaph before Execution!

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

I think mercs deserves the fate of supplying the F-word
                eeeeeek - I'm sure the hibernating one mentioned the E word first (+ I'm not really playing) ........however

F

tragic Italian heroes are naive but inextinguishable

forgot to ask - how did your conducting go E-TAV ?

Comment

• edashtav
                  • Jul 2012

Ee by gum! For once our way to church was not barred. I'll append an edited report that I sent to my Choir:

The Phoney War.
                  What a shock! I felt like a Russian walking into the Crimea when I had anticipated feeling like a man from Kiev banging on Crimean Gates and setting off a land-mine..
                  A Warm Welcome, indeed!

We should have warmed up outside by the Lake and sung Stanford's "The Blue Bird" ...

And... there was Cathy with her harmonium ever-ready to afford excellent support to our hymnody. Cheers Cathy!

(Had I known earlier that Cathy would be present, I might have chosen a different no. from Stainer's Crucifixion - probably "Fling Wide the Gates" - that would have been unfortunate with Master away and his gates having failed in their open position!)

In advance, I was worried by the absence of 60% of the soprano line (two of them in S.A., I believe - such is the attraction of O.P.!), so I felt like giving Helena a warm embrace when she came back from the Duchy of Cornwall. Ea Venit, Ea Vidit, Ea Vicit. ( I put that down to her black hand-bag).

Both our anthems sounded very good in the supportive acoustic of the chapel-like church. Thanks to everyone for "stepping up to the plate". As was remarked by our resident Psalmist, "We should sing unaccompanied more often." Once again, I noted that the choir that sits together, sings together.
                  I'm so looking forward to Choir Sardines at Confirmation with the Bishop next Sunday - we're expecting a monster cong. full of rellies..

Let me count to three....

Hip, hip to hip, cheek to cheek,
                  We're singing well in time!

The perfect day, a lovely service, fine singing, excellent harmonium support, but there were two flies in our balm: poor Sara taking a tumble from the chancel - she bounced back but I do hope that she's not exacerbated the leg condition that affected her a few months ago. The other, I hope you didn't notice, ( don't worry it's not about flies...)

A week or so ago I visited my Dentist for a check-up. He loves seeing me for he has his assistant ready with the accompaniment to the Dentists' hymn "Crown him with Many Crowns". Peter dug, prodded, illuminated, probed, examined X-rays and despondently recorded,"Well, I don't know what's wrong with you, Ed, there's only a titchy filling to do."... I'm going back on Tuesday for the wee job.

Later... within 48 hours of my check-up, all my teeth were "on edge" and have remained so, without there being an obvious explanation. Sometime during today's service, I lost a crown, all hell below being revealed. I don't know where it went. As I was facing you, I hope that none of you were hit by the last plunging fire in the Phoney War! But, if the cap fits ...

And the final score? Choir 11 - Congregation 3.
                  Last edited by edashtav; 09-03-14, 18:44. Reason: ran out of fingers when counting the cong.

Comment

• subcontrabass
                    • Nov 2010

F

tragic Italian heroes are naive but inextinguishable

Have you given us one too many clues?

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                      Have you given us one too many clues?
                      quite possibly - five altogether
                      Last edited by mercia; 10-03-14, 05:49.

Comment

• Flay
                        • Mar 2007

quite possibly - five altogether
                        Four would have been enough! (No doubt as subby suspected )
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• edashtav
                          • Jul 2012

Ffew - I can't get a Handel let alone a Nielsen on this F-word, mercs.

Comment

• Flay
                            • Mar 2007

Ffew - I can't get a Handel let alone a Nielsen on this F-word, mercs.
                            Handel? You've got me there. Is he a rapper?

This F is like a hot potato nobody wants to catch...
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

What's everyone waiting four?

Comment

• edashtav
                                • Jul 2012

A fourfeat?

Comment

Working...
                                X