This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

I shall be retiring to my bed by 23:30 and not returning until 08:30 at the earliest - you are forewarned

Nighty night
    Last edited by Guest; 19-05-13, 23:23. Reason: farewell greeting

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      I shall be retiring to my bed by 23:30 and not returning until 08:30 at the earliest - you are forewarned
      I think all the coleslaw ingredients are there - Anton and Anna provided the main ingredients and Forward should they go - well one of them!

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        I think all the coleslaw ingredients are there - Anton and Anna provided the main ingredients and Forward should they go - well one of them!

We haven't had an Anna question for ages.............

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          We haven't had an Anna question for ages.............
          It would be good for someone to pull together the final summation as currently it's rather ... unresolved and disparate

An Anna question would be great

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            It would be good for someone to pull together the final summation as currently it's rather ... unresolved and disparate

An Anna question would be great
            I really didn't get anything, just picked up on anton's Efrem as I saw Zimbalist Jr. had a hand in staging some Menotti operas (but then I see Zimbalist Snr. had commissioned violin concerto by Menotti), it's really cloughie that got it.
            I am literally flying out of the door now, if you want I can give you a quick F but you'll have to wait until after 10.30

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              if you want I can give you a quick F but you'll have to wait until after 10.30
              Bated breath, Anna, bated breath!!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Sounds interesting!!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

I really didn't get anything, just picked up on anton's Efrem as I saw Zimbalist Jr. had a hand in staging some Menotti operas (but then I see Zimbalist Snr. had commissioned violin concerto by Menotti), it's really cloughie that got it.
                  I am literally flying out of the door now, if you want I can give you a quick F but you'll have to wait until after 10.30
                  Well you've flushed out more of the answer Anna - giss an F when you're ready, and I'll do the coleslaw

Comment

• Anna

I think it was Flay who asked for some easier puzzles rather than cryptic? Well this is straightforward, in fact ridiculously simple
                    (and put together in a rush I'm afraid - it's one of those days where I'm struggling to catch up)

One’s not terrible, the other is perfect, and the last is a gooseberry.
                    What F are they?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

I think it was Flay who asked for some easier puzzles rather than cryptic? Well this is straightforward, in fact ridiculously simple
                      (and put together in a rush I'm afraid - it's one of those days where I'm struggling to catch up)

One’s not terrible, the other is perfect, and the last is a gooseberry.
                      What F are they?
                      I better not say!!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                        I better not say!!
                        Go for it, BBM - nobody gets any prizes for being coy on here

Comment

• amateur51

E coleslaw:

Efrem Kurtz & John Pritchard shared the music directorship of RLPO for two years; Pritchard was allowed only one Last Night of the Proms because he was clearly dying of cancer;

Efrem Zimbalist snr premiered the violin concerto concerto by Giancarlo Menotti who won a Pulitzer prize in 1950;

Efrem Zimbalist jnr played his first recurring role in television series Maverick opposite James Garner in 1957

so the E = Efrem

Comment

• Anna

So I was right with Efrem Zimbalist Jnr!! (well, I was right but for the wrong reason )
                            Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                            I better not say!!
                            Yes, spit it out BBM, don't be bashful. Another additional clue is that Michael's one went wooing, if that helps.

Comment

• Northender

I have a Foolish notion involving Gustav Holst and a dessert....but am quite happy to be disabused.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                                I have a Foolish notion involving Gustav Holst and a dessert....but am quite happy to be disabused.
                                I wouldn't dream of disabusing you Northy - it is indeed Holst and a dessert The one that isn't terrible belongs to Alexander and Leo, as opposed to the terrible one who belongs to Sergei! Care to finish it off?

Comment

Working...
                                X