X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Sorry to butt in, just rearranging the coleslaw. All Things Must Pass, the album, not the single, has one track written by Dylan If not for you and one Harrison/Dylan collaboration I'd have you anytime I have the cd and just checked the booklet. So Flay was not in error, just a bit muddled!
    As you were .....

Is that a clue I wonder?
    Who Anna? Me Anna? An extra clue, straight off, Anna?

No, I'm deadstraightforward, me

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

No, I'm deadstraightforward, me
      ... I wonder if Amm's A contains a Z?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... I wonder if Amm's A contains a Z?
        'Fraid no Z on the card, vints - what had you in mind?

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

'Fraid no Z on the card, vints - what had you in mind?
          ... o, this :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(But clearly I was going down the wrong sewer... )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... o, this :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(But clearly I was going down the wrong sewer... )
            I see ;whistle:

There's a distinct link, not to the A but to the answer to the second clue

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Well! Setting a puzzle and then just swanning off! I'm afraid Ami has lost a lot of credit with me - he's become a fallen idol, in fact. I'm off to see my sister's new parrot so she can tell me the whole story of how she bought him. I can see my car withen sight, so farewell, dear friends - I hope you all win.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Well! Setting a puzzle and then just swanning off! I'm afraid Ami has lost a lot of credit with me - he's become a fallen idol, in fact. I'm off to see my sister's new parrot so she can tell me the whole story of how she bought him. I can see my car withen sight, so farewell, dear friends - I hope you all win.
                I came back pretty damn sharpish, I thought ferney

Nice clues - wonder if anyone will get them?

Do you want to consolidate & move on to the B, ferney - I have to leave in 15 mins as it goes

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Do you want to consolidate & move on to the B, ferney - I have to leave in 15 mins as it goes
                  Typical!

William Alwyn;
                  Film Scores to Herbert George Wells' The History of Mr Polly and Hugh Greene's brother Graham's The Fallen Idol - which he no doubt went to see with his second wife, Doreen Carwithen.

I'd love it if you were to say "That's not what's on the card"!

Comment

• amateur51

Typical!

William Alwyn;
                    Film Scores to Herbert George Wells' The History of Mr Polly and Hugh Greene's brother Graham's The Fallen Idol - which he no doubt went to see with his second wife, Doreen Carwithen.

I'd love it if you were to say "That's not what's on the card"!
                    One Hundred and EIGHT-AYYY! :

Can you see you way to giving us a C please ferney?

Comment

• Anna

<doh> I was off and away in completely the wrong direction re the musical version of War of the Worlds, then fell at Mary Whitehouse!
                      Hope the coleslaw makes the other two clues clear, particularly the car!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Can you see you way to giving us a C please ferney?
                        I can; but, call me old-fashioned, I prefer it when B follows A! (Blame scotty for lending me his dictionary!)

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Hope the coleslaw makes the other two clues clear, particularly the car!
                          William Alwyn;
                          Film Scores to Herbert George Wells' The History of Mr Polly

and (BBC director of television in the '60s - a great man in the Beeb's history) Hugh Greene's brother Graham's The Fallen Idol

- which Alwyn no doubt went to see with his second wife, Doreen née Carwithen.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

What! Follow the truth from Huddersfield to settle on the Mancunian Way for this B. (Well, he's not a Shropshire lad!)

Comment

• Flay
                              • Mar 2007

Sorry to butt in, just rearranging the coleslaw. All Things Must Pass, the album, not the single, has one track written by Dylan If not for you and one Harrison/Dylan collaboration I'd have you anytime I have the cd and just checked the booklet. So Flay was not in error, just a bit muddled!
                              As you were .....
                              Well thank you for your helpful and kind interjection, Anna.

All Things Must Pass would be a AA good clue for the English National Opera
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
                                • Mar 2007

What! Follow the truth from Huddersfield to settle on the Mancunian Way for this B. (Well, he's not a Shropshire lad!)
                                Arthur Butterworth: he conducted the Huddersfield Phil played trumpet in the Hallé. He composed Mancunian Way for wind band, Op. 66 (1985)
                                Last edited by Flay; 06-05-13, 00:00. Reason: Hallé bit corrected
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X