Clear All
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

This might be a quick one:

What W links three cowpats?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mercia
      Something weird happening. When I'm logged-out the timings of posts are an hour out, but when I'm logged in they are correct
      Ahem, mercia, did you know the clocks went forward last night? I suspect it's something to do with that. Your computer would have reset itself but your wristwatch wouldn't.
      Last edited by Guest; 27-03-11, 15:34. Reason: more info

Comment

• Anna

if you were to log-out now would the timings be correct or incorrect? (yes my watch and all my other time pieces are all correct)
        mercia, I've just logged out and logged back in and all the timings (at my end) are perfectly correct. How strange they are different for you. I can offer no explanation I'm afraid.

EDIT: Scrub that last message! Just doing it again and reading new posts in an unlogged mode - the Forum hasn't updated itself!! Sorry mercia, you are quite correct!

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Now here is where us lesser mortals are exposed - for 3 cow pats Wikipedia comes up with Postman Pat and a runaway Cow!

Comment

• Anna

mercia, if you read my edit, it seems necessary to manually update the time via general settings in Your Profile

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post

What W links three cowpats?
              Could this be inspired by the cricket which is now on?

Comment

• subcontrabass
                • Nov 2010

Something weird happening. When I'm logged-out the timings of posts are an hour out, but when I'm logged in they are correct
                I wonder whether the server is sticking very rigidly (and very sensibly) to GMT but when you log in your computer makes the necessary correction for BST.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Is the answer to the current question Vaughan Williams? Peter Warlock, Aaron Copland and Elizabeth Lutyens all said that listening to VW's symphonies - they mentioned the 3rd and 5th in particular - was like looking at a cow over a gate.

Comment

• Anna

boo-hoo I've been into general settings and changed the time to GMT + 1 because BST isn't an option. now when I'm logged out I'm still an hour behind i.e. GMT and when I'm logged in the timings are BST + 1
                    Well, I changed my settings to Brussels! And that didn't work! Is Europe on different times?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I posted a message at 16:08, and that's the time shown on the screen for that message.

Comment

• subcontrabass
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                        Is the answer to the current question Vaughan Williams? Peter Warlock, Aaron Copland and Elizabeth Lutyens all said that listening to VW's symphonies - they mentioned the 3rd and 5th in particular - was like looking at a cow over a gate.
                        Vaughan Willams is one of the three to be linked.

Comment

• Anna

even when you log out of the forum? (sorry to labour the point)
                          mercia, I have now been logging in and out and like you, in the logged out phase, still adrift re time. Perhaps the answer is only to look at latest messages whilst logged in? Which seems a bit daft. Also, whilst logged out when I went to Latest Messages it said nothing for past 24 hours. Odd.

Comment

• Anna

I shall shut up on the subject of timing. Pray continue with your delightful game.
                            No, no, mercia. Let you, anton and Ofca carry on, we shall, in time, sort the timings out! (I am still sitting out the puzzles and I set the last 'X')

Comment

• Anna

I'm still reading Wikipedia on the subject of dung. I didn't realise there was so much in it.
                              Beetles?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                                Vaughan Willams is one of the three to be linked.
                                I suspect the others could be Bax and Butterworth?

Comment

Working...
                                X