X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedgehog

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    There are five C's but you mention only four languages and so which language is repeated?
    French, so if you read the question closely, that's a very pertinent question/clue.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      What a huddle of polyglot C’s in that field over there!

A pig-headed one, horsemen with their accomplice, trampling with his slipper those wildflowers (both red and white).
      Just thought I'd recap. The highlighted (?"highlit"?) bit useful at all? Is "champ" worth persuing, or would I be a chump to do so?
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• hedgehog

A chump definitely. It's not that subtle we're talking about music. Not cello players, not clarinet players ..... alternatively Google translate! Chevaliers in the languages mentioned, see if the answers ring a bell. Method!!!!!
        Last edited by Guest; 09-03-13, 17:43.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

A chump definitely
          That's tellin' ya, Ferney!!
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• hedgehog

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            That's tellin' ya, Ferney!!

Edit: Meanwhile I'm enjoying a glass of wine whilst keeping an eye on a batch of sliced onions melting down to make a nice onion soup.......I have patience in all things!

Comment

• mercia
              • Nov 2010

well I've found two sopranos and a composer called Cavalieri but I daren't ask if they're relevant

Comment

• Anna

The ongoing Scotland v Wales match means that Nursie a.k.a. Anna is not on hand to deliver her usual instinctive virtual tablespoon of Syrup of Fig to clear the blockage...
                Whoa, Down Boy! I only don my surgical scrubs and latex gloves for Dr. Flay .....
                Just now, first chance to look at this. I initially thought Campion for red and white wildflowers (as in Thomas Campion) but pigs and horsemen don't figure in his output, then I thought caballero before I saw Cali had said that.
                I guess that this it won't necessarily be the first person to have the Day is a significant clue?
                I must leave shortly to watch France v Ireland, but I must say - Mrs. Tiggywinkle, you do concoct some delicious puzzles! Edit: And your onion soup sounds nice, is it a brown (aka French) or a white onion soup? If the latter, can I have your recipe?

Comment

• hedgehog

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  composer called Cavalieri but I daren't ask if they're relevant
                  Most relevant! (If I'm not mistaken you did just dare? )

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Oooh... Miss! Miss! Miss!

Would the Italian element be Cavalleria Rusticana (horses.... rustic/field) ?
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• hedgehog

Oooh... Miss! Miss! Miss!

Would the Italian element be Cavalleria Rusticana (horses.... rustic/field) ?
                      Oh dear, oh dear I'm such a softy, I'd really like to give you a gold star Caliban ( ). But mercia is I'm afraid on the right track, composers named C. But you have the advantage re French, so! Application!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

alternatively Google translate! Chevaliers in the languages mentioned, see if the answers ring a bell. Method!!!!!
                        I have just put "chevaliers" in the google translator under French (in spite of your earlier telling us that it wasn't French) and guess what .... ?

It said "chevaliers"!
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• hedgehog

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Whoa, Down Boy! I only don my surgical scrubs and latex gloves for Dr. Flay .....
                          Just now, first chance to look at this. I initially thought Campion for red and white wildflowers (as in Thomas Campion) but pigs and horsemen don't figure in his output, then I Edit: And your onion soup sounds nice, is it a brown (aka French) or a white onion soup? If the latter, can I have your recipe?
                          OOOOOH just saw this! Campion is correct!!!! So that leaves the pig-headed (stubborn) one and the accomplice!

It's a brown onion soup, sorry - own harvest!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            I have just put "chevaliers" in the google translator under French (in spite of your earlier telling us that it wasn't French) and guess what .... ?

It said "chevaliers"!
                            Sapristi!

Comment

• mercia
                              • Nov 2010

so is Emilio de' Cavalieri (1550-1602) the 'horsemen' bit ?

but then Cavalieri is going to mean horsemen in whichever language

Comment

• mercia
                                • Nov 2010

is Campion the English translation of Chevalier ? one lives and learns (or misunderstands)

................. erm ............. or this is going to be five unconnected composers names beginning with C .............

Campion the Wonder Horse
                                Last edited by mercia; 09-03-13, 18:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X