Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by hercule View Post
    Anna and I both want you to take it
    I think that's a decision
    Yes, we are united hercule! rubra has to have a P

Comment

• rubbernecker

OK, but I don't have one ready to go at the moment and will be offline for a couple of hours. So P for patience, please, people.

Cue Don Petter: "What, not another hiatus...?"

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
        OK, but I don't have one ready to go at the moment and will be offline for a couple of hours. So P for patience, please, people.
        :
        Patience, by G&S, is really so very camp and funny about aesthetes and lesbians. Or that is the on-dit in Builth Wells.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-03-11, 21:07.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          ...really so very camp and funny about aesthetes and lesbians. Or that is the on-dit in Builth Wells.

That is your best yet, Anna!!!

As for your question, that pesky intruder, work, got in the way, followed by the journey home. The solutions were right up rubbers's latex-lined alley anyway.

Point of detail - Billy the Kid is listed in Wikipedia as someone who is "often wrongly" referred to as a cowboy. He was a rustler and outlaw, not strictly speaking a cowboy. Apparently.

Now the weekend hurrah! till a journey to France on Tuesday morning chouette!
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Don Petter

Cue Don Petter: "What, not another hiatus...?"

No! I'm as easy as an oil slick, now I'm back home. It was earlier in the week, when I was 'on tour' and trying to tune in via Android gizmo now and again when I could find some Free Wi-Fi, that it seemed my window never coincided with a live question.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Which P first put Harry in the can, commissioned a pair of BBs, inspired a piano quartet, and gained a Hollywood star?

Comment

• Don Petter

Polignac (Prince and Princess de) commissioned quite a few musical works in the early twentieth century?

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                  Polignac (Prince and Princess de) commissioned quite a few musical works in the early twentieth century?
                  Indeed so, and we had Polignac last time around...

Comment

• Don Petter

Indeed so, and we had Polignac last time around...
                    So I've lost the thread! Not for the first time (and to be honest, it has been getting rather diffuse of late, and difficult to see the wood for the lovies ... )

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

are there any viola players playing this game?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Not guilty!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                          So I've lost the thread! Not for the first time (and to be honest, it has been getting rather diffuse of late, and difficult to see the wood for the lovies ... )
                          Furrow-browed of Felixstowe has rung in to ask precisely where we are as regards 'P'.
                          EDIT: Message #2553 contains all previous answers. I make a point of checking there before setting a question.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                            Furrow-browed of Felixstowe has rung in to ask precisely where we are as regards 'P'.
                            EDIT: Message #2553 contains all previous answers. I make a point of checking there before setting a question.
                            Square one, I think. I take 2903 to be a 'no'. Our archivist would not repeat a previously-sought answer...

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Thank you! (Blame my confusion on those who introduce such extraneous matter as, say, bargain wines at the Co-op, walks in uncharted territory, Pink Floyd and so on. Not to mention that chap on the East coast who WILL GO ON about Coronation Street. )

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                                contains all previous answers. I make a point of checking there before setting a question.
                                But surely there is no rule against setting a question which will lead to a 'previous answer' - provided the clues are sufficiently devious and baffling. and unconnected with the previous route to the answer?

I remain, however, baffled as to where we are in the pea-stakes...

Comment

Working...
                                X