• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    I'm hearing echoes (rubbernecker #580)
    Aaahaaaa!
    Folks seem to be offline, so I'll check again later this morning. Perhaps it will be clear by then whether 'C' has been satisfactorily unravelled/answered and who's setting 'D'? (I have a question ready, if required, but it can keep. I've checked #2553, by the way, and can confirm that the answer has not featured previously).
    Last edited by Guest; 06-03-11, 10:30.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
      Aaahaaaa!
      Folks seem to be offline, so I'll check again later this morning. Perhaps it will be clear by then whether 'C' has been satisfactorily unravelled/answered and who's setting 'D'? (I have a question ready, if required, but it can keep. I've checked #2553, by the way, and can confirm that the answer has not featured previously).
      You do it. After all, you did get Callisto...Calisto....Callisto..

Comment

• rubbernecker

Aaahaaaa!
        I'd say go for it, Ofca. (Un)fortunately I will be out on a mountain walk with the missus so won't be back until late afternoon.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

OK folks!
          This question was prompted by a recent obituary.
          Which 'D' might you associate with Molineux, Stonehenge and Whitehall Palace? (None of the three composers involved begins with 'D').

Comment

• Anna

OK folks!
            This question was prompted by a recent obituary.
            Which 'D' might you associate with Molineux
            Well I know that Dean Richards who used to play there died at the end of February but I'm not sure if that's relevent.

Comment

• mercia
              • Nov 2010

Stonehenge = Standing Stone = Paul McCartney

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Stonehenge is occasionally the scene of some 'D'. The subject of the obituary was a composer. The other two composers involved are also no longer with us.

Comment

• mercia
                  • Nov 2010

Stonehenge is occasionally the scene of some 'D'.
                  Druidical hokum = Die erste Walpurgisnacht / Mendelssohn

Comment

• Anna

The subject of the obituary was a composer. The other two composers involved are also no longer with us.
                    John Barry died recently and he scored Dances with Wolves (Molineux) ?

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

Stonehenge / Sacrificial Dance - Stravinsky, Rite of Spring

Ritual Dances - Midsummer Marriage - Tippett
                      Last edited by mercia; 06-03-11, 15:41.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

You're on your way, Anna! Having got one example of 'D', you should now be in a position to identify the other two, as I think the Molineux reference was the trickiest.

Comment

• Anna

I'm struggling with Druids here look you!! The Whitehall Palace, would that be Britten's Gloriana with Courtly Dances?

Piece of trivia: There is a Spinal Tap song called Stonehenge.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

2 out of 3! Any D at Stonehenge might be limited to one particular day of the year...

Comment

• Anna

2 out of 3! Any D at Stonehenge might be limited to one particular day of the year...
                              Oh Dear! I was hoping that last answer was wrong! So, one particular day means either Solstice or Equinox or Vernal in the title? Sorry, the Bards are not responding to me, I fear I cannot go any further at the mo, best I can come up with is Bax Dance of Sunlight Anyone want to step in and finish it and have an E? Where is Tapiola when you need him?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I wouldn't want to deprive you of the chance of setting us an 'E' question. Think of a set of dances from a work by an English composer the title of which evokes the most important day of the year at Stonehenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X