This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubbernecker

Which B is associated with the presentation of memories sacred and profane, and went to number three with an intriguing tale about the circus ?

Comment

• Tapiola
      • Jan 2011

The answer is Bohuklavekskinonmemeotiousyh8964^$£()%^*&Hljk"

Actually, upon second thoughts, I might be slightly incorrect. The last three letters are wrong.

Just saying hello to all after a bit of a time away (partially self-enforced, partially enforced by the fiendish nature of recent conundra... )

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Brideshead?

Comment

• Anna

OMIG, not Britney Spears! Could be Berlin.

Hello Tapilola, I think you have been missed. Anyway, leave you guys to it for the night.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
            Just saying hello to all after a bit of a time away (partially self-enforced, partially enforced by the fiendish nature of recent conundra... )
            Hi Taps, we've missed you and your brilliant mind. Please stay and play...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
              Brideshead?
              You're off and running, now bts !

Comment

• Tapiola
                • Jan 2011

Thank you Anna.

Strange you should mention Berlin, as I have been watching again Berlin Alexanderplatz by Fassbinder. I know I shouldn't.

Comment

• Tapiola
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                  Hi Taps, we've missed you and your brilliant mind. Please stay and play...
                  Thanks rubs

It's all been a bit beyond me of late. Have the questions got harder? (Doesn't stop me lurking and thinking though).

Ha.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                    Thanks rubs

It's all been a bit beyond me of late. Have the questions got harder?
                    Nay Lad, Thee and Me have got dimmer! Only joking off to bed now.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-03-11, 00:24.

Comment

• Tapiola
                      • Jan 2011

I do indeed feel dimmer of late.

Bonne nuit.

Comment

• rubbernecker

I'm turning in too. I expect bts to have hit the home straight by the morning...

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                          I'm turning in too. I expect bts to have hit the home straight by the morning...
                          Ooh...I thought that I was only taking a punt on this with Brideshead.

Geoffrey Burgon.....wrote the theme music for Brideshead Revisited....got gold so I'm guessing it got to number three in the charts? Although Waugh had/alleged to have three homosexual lovers.

Brideshead Revisited, The Sacred & Profane Memories of Captain Charles Ryder ...brings in the memories part of the clue.

Circus? Monty Python?

EDIT: ah..got it. Nice clues. Tinker Tailor theme music also by Burgon....that's the one that got to number three. The Circus is MI5 in the book...or Secret Squirrels.

EDIT EDIT: Must be that early morning expresso that fired up the grey cells.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Geoffrey Burgon.....wrote the theme music for Brideshead Revisited....got gold so I'm guessing it got to number three in the charts? Although Waugh had/alleged to have three homosexual lovers.

Brideshead Revisited, The Sacred & Profane Memories of Captain Charles Ryder ...brings in the memories part of the clue.

Circus? Monty Python?

EDIT: ah..got it. Nice clues. Tinker Tailor theme music also by Burgon....that's the one that got to number three. The Circus is MI5 in the book...or Secret Squirrels.

By George - I think you've rumbled it!

Well done bts, C what you can do?

EDIT: For the sake of completeness, it was Burgon's Nunc Dimittis which went over the closing credits of Tinker Tailor which got to no.3 in the UK charts
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-03-11, 09:42.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

What a good question! (that's George Smiley, of course.)

Comment

• Don Petter

Circus? Monty Python?

It's sometimes comforting when you find you wouldn't have known any of the references in the answer.

At least it saves that painful self-kicking.

Comment

Working...
                                X