• Show
Clear All
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

taking Anna's cue
    Andrea Palotto ?

Comment

• Anna

Ressurection didn't see my query (that's the trouble with edits) So, we have on the cards, I think, three operas, two traditional and one very modern? That's if me inklings aren't playing me up!
      Edit: cross posted with mercs, you think he's not there and then - voila! he is! And he's thinking along my lines I'm sure.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Ressurection didn't see my query (that's the trouble with edits) So, we have on the cards, I think, three operas, two traditional and one very modern? That's if me inklings aren't playing me up!
        Edit: cross posted with mercs, you think he's not there and then - voila! he is! And he's thinking along my lines I'm sure.
        Sorry I missed it Anna and yes you are there. I would have answered yes to Barbe-bleu! Would you like to explain?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

That's if me inklings aren't playing me up!
          With all this damp weather about, who could wonder if they were...?

With mercia and Anna tripping the light fantastic around the bush, and both with the answer I'm sure, I hesitate to flatten said bush with my size 11s but taking cues from both, is the answer

Oscar?

Character (a Royal Minister) in Barbe-Bleue by Offenbach
          Ditto (a Page) in Un Ballo in Maschera by Verdi
          Name of a Rock Opera by Andrea Palotto: "Lady Oscar"
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
            Sorry I missed it Anna and yes you are there. I would have answered yes to Barbe-bleu! Would you like to explain?
            Well, as I said, I'm away shortly until very late or tomorrow so I didn't want to post what I think could be the answer as I'm not around to set the next. However, with Mr. Palotto (named by mercia) plus Barbe-bleu the Verdi is easy-peasey for anyone to finish it off.
            Edit: cross posted with Cali. Now duckie, admit it, when you accept the Oscar, it was all down to me with the Awards comment !!
            Last edited by Guest; 09-07-12, 17:37.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

:chuckle: Palotto was interesting. By some quirk of Google, entering palotto ,as you all probably found out, gave lots of hits to the Pennsylvanian Lottery but entering his full name ...bingo...pops up straight away and is in the title of the rock opera. So is Anna taking a pause? I will let you decide who is to go next. What fun...no work done but still fun

Comment

• Anna

Actually I did take a peek at that Lady Oscar rock opera, looks fun http://www.ladyoscarilmusical.it/ ..............
                Nice puzzle and not so complexicated as the last one!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

I'd like to thank my agent, my parents, and a special lady. She knows who she is... *sniff*

I'm taking the P...

This one connects five sensations, four seasons and a pair of Argentinians.

Comment

• Northender

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                    :chuckle: Palotto was interesting. By some quirk of Google, entering palotto ,as you all probably found out, gave lots of hits to the Pennsylvanian Lottery but entering his full name ...bingo...pops up straight away and is in the title of the rock opera. So is Anna taking a pause? I will let you decide who is to go next. What fun...no work done but still fun
                    It sounds as though you're well and truly on your way down the slippery AA slope... (I speak as a recent victim - or do I mean convert?)

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      I'd like to thank my agent, my parents, and a special lady. She knows who she is... *sniff*I'm taking the P...
                      This one connects five sensations, four seasons and a pair of Argentinians.
                      Oh, I'm off now. Think I'll have Pizza for dinner!!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Oh, I'm off now. Think I'll have Pizza for dinner!!!
                        You are a scamp! Flighty, that's what I calls it, flighty!!!

(PS: I shall be off-air for about 45 mins shortly)

Comment

• Anna

You are a scamp! Flighty, that's what I calls it, flighty!!!
                          Flighty? Moi? Now, Scamp is a word I like........ I'm so, doncha know terribly Scampi, shall I be found in a basket, with chips? With a bit of Tartare Sauce dolloped on top of a limp lettuce? Ooh, I say, the mind boggles ..... You will be glad to know, I am offline now <sigh of relief emoticon on your part>

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Flighty? Moi? Now, Scamp is a word I like........ I'm so, doncha know terribly Scampi, shall I be found in a basket, with chips? With a bit of Tartare Sauce dolloped on top of a limp lettuce? Ooh, I say, the mind boggles ..... You will be glad to know, I am offline now <sigh of relief emoticon>

<puts emergency nurse hotline phone down emoticon>

Comment

• Anna

Honestly, shall we be sensible again? It will give others the wrong impression that we are all rather louche libertines and no better than you ought to be. So, I will give a sensible answer. Vivaldi. And that's your lot for one element of the puzzle. I think also Pizza Express donate money if you order certain ones.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

What was the 'warm greeting' gag all about?
                                'Ot (="warm")'ello(="greeting").

'ot 'ello.

Otello.

Tumbleweed.
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X