• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Quilter?
    I think you've got it, cloughie! (I've spent a deal of time this morning in the stocks! )
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Quilter?
      Why so, cloughie?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Leaving Mr Clough to pursue his Quilting, I need to know:

1. Why ferns was in the stocks

and

2. What was the Bychkov Mahler 5 like?
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Leaving Mr Clough to pursue his Quilting, I need to know:

1. Why ferns was in the stocks

and

2. What was the Bychkov Mahler 5 like?
          That cloughie takes the gypsy creme innit - he's had four hours to eggsplane why it might be Quilter but eggspeckeds me to provide the detail - flippin' kidz!

Bychkov was all motion-a-go-go. Apparently the various sections had had detailed rehearsals with departments heads and then Bychkov took them two rehearsals over two days and another one this morning - and it showed!

The stage was packed. The opening solo trumpet did it all first time round 100% but cracked on the repeat but no matter. The orchestra clearly knew what they had to do & did it. It was a glorious performance full of details that I knew and several that I didn't. The adagietto was more Walter than Bernstein, thank goodness, and Bychkov dispensed with his stick. After that rousing finish he generously brought the trumpet player to his feet to take a well-deserved bow and then a few more individuals and then section by section. The woodwinds and lower strings were very good and the upper strings didn't let themselves down either.

I thoroughly enjoyed it as did the rest of the audience apparently in the packed hall. These Friday freebies are such a tonic!
          Last edited by Guest; 11-05-12, 16:35. Reason: trypos

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

I need to know:
            Why ferns was in the stocks :
            "Too clever by half" chasing after a non-existant reference to Knorr stock cubes!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              "Too clever by half" chasing after a non-existant reference to Knorr stock cubes!
              Oh ferney, you know me - too simple to be cryptic

Comment

• Anna

Well at least you weren't chasing Maggi ............ thinking she was also of the Knorr family!
                I was looking at the other Knorr (Ernst-Lothar), then saw cloughie had posted Quilter so didn't pursue my enquiries.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

I thought your other half had locked you up and hurled rotten fruit and veg at you for spending too much time on FOR3!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    That cloughie takes the gypsy creme innit - he's had four hours to eggsplane why it might be Quilter but eggspeckeds me to provide the detail - flippin' kidz!

Bychkov was all motion-a-go-go. Apparently the various sections had had detailed rehearsals with departments heads and then Bychkov took them two rehearsals over two days and another one this morning - and it showed!

The stage was packed. The opening solo trumpet did it all first time round 100% but cracked on the repeat but no matter. The orchestra clearly knew what they had to do & did it. It was a glorious performance full of details that I knew and several that I didn't. The adagietto was more Walter than Bernstein, thank goodness, and Bychkov dispensed with his stick. After that rousing finish he generously brought the trumpet player to his feet to take a well-deserved bow and then a few more individuals and then section by section. The woodwinds and lower strings were very good and the upper strings didn't let themselves down either.

I thoroughly enjoyed it as did the rest of the audience apparently in the packed hall. These Friday freebies are such a tonic!
                    Lucky ******!!!!!!!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

I thought your other half had locked you up and hurled rotten fruit and veg at you for spending too much time on FOR3!
                      Well, it is the weekend!

Comment

• amateur51

Well, it is the weekend!

We just don't know the half of what goes on, Caliban

Comment

• Anna

just back from a fab 5-hour luncheon washed down with an unusual chilled Loire red from near Le Mans
                          Did you manage to wobble safely home on your bike Caliban?
                          Was it the tasting menu that you had? (Their website plays up on my browser just wondering if it was that which took 5 hours)
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-05-12, 17:07. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

We just don't know the half of what goes on, Caliban
                            Sheltered, we are, sheltered!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              Did you manage to wobble safely home on your bike Caliban?
                              Was it the tasting menu that you had? (Their website plays up on my browser just wondering if it was that which took 5 hours)
                              No no just leisurely, interspersed with fine wine and conversation plus all the free amuse-gueules which they provide in abundance (and dee-blooming-licious breads of various kinds... I had two which looked like little brioches, flavoured with sage )

I returned to the orifice (like the true professional I am ) for a couple of hours' work and then indeed cycled happily home. We didn't have that much booze actually.

Comment

• Anna

amuse-gueules which they provide in abundance (and dee-blooming-licious breads of various kinds... I had two which looked like little brioches, flavoured with sage )
                                Ooooh! ........... Interesting, I often make brioche on a weekend ...... just looking like or same texture as brioche? Could be intriguing, the sweetness with the herb ....... further details please!
                                Edit: I'll have a look on the Net, it just sounds a nice idea with something vaguely Arabic? No sign of cloughie and his Quilter expose ..... and I have to go, until late.
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-05-12, 18:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X