X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Culled from the pages of a recent edition of a CD review magazine ...

A Venetian composer fathered one composer and choir master son who was Flemish-Belgian and another Flemish-Belgian son who was a violinist and harpsichordist and composer of Lamentations Du Jeudi Saint, and Pièces de Clavecin. What is the family name beginning with F?

Fiocco

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Fiocco
      Yes, I think this one's difficult, too!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Fiocco
        Bulls-eye cloughie!

I don't think Anna's Law need trouble us this time, it's all self-explanatory - we've worked up a nice pace this afternoon
        Last edited by Guest; 02-05-12, 15:10. Reason: trypos

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Yes, I think this one's difficult, too!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Bulls-eye cloughie!

I don't think Anna's Law need trouble us this time, it's all self-explanatory - we've worked up a nice pace this afternoon
            Googled in one, Ammi, I wish I could make them as straightfoward! S'pose you want a G up now!

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

A G to link Dvorak in the round, not Vivaldi but the perpetrators sound like one of his works, and a lullaby in Abbey Road.

Comment

• Flay
                • Mar 2007

A G to link Dvorak in the round, not Vivaldi but the perpetrators sound like one of his works, and a lullaby in Abbey Road.
                Are you getting verbal diarrhoea with your clues, cloughie? One whole line!
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Not sure of the Vivaldi ..... think the others could be Dvorak's Golden Spinning Wheel and the Beatles Golden Slumber edit: Presume the Vivaldi is therefore something by The Four Seasons, haven't a clue about that except, Vivaldi definitely didn't write Sherry so would it be the opposite of Golden - La Silvia and Silver Star?
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-05-12, 16:39.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    Not sure of the Vivaldi ..... think the others could be Dvorak's Golden Spinning Wheel and the Beatles Golden Slumber edit: Presume the Vivaldi is therefore something by The Four Seasons, haven't a clue about that except, Vivaldi definitely didn't write Sherry so would it be the opposite of Golden - La Silvia and Silver Star?
                    Anna, you are well on the way to H
                    You are right Vivaldi did not write Golden Oloroso, but the Four Seasons did record a song which was covered by the Tremeloes!

Comment

• Anna

Oh, Silence is Golden? I wish I'd stayed silent as it means I'll probably have to think of an haitch!

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Oh, Silence is Golden? I wish I'd stayed silent as it means I'll probably have to think of an haitch!
                        It's Hall yours!

Comment

• Anna

It's Hall yours!
                          cloughie, I have to say, I think that was the most straightforward puzzle you have ever set!
                          OK, this will Hopefully be quick, as I will be on and offline this evening. Honestly, it's Heverso easy!

An H who is on holiday singing to cattle and an aristocractic poet

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

cloughie, I have to say, I think that was the most straightforward puzzle you have ever set!
                            OK, this will Hopefully be quick, as I will be on and offline this evening. Honestly, it's Heverso easy!

An H who is on holiday singing to cattle and an aristocractic poet
                            Thank you Anna - I abandoned the cryptic stuff - Is Howard any good?

Comment

• Anna

Thank you Anna - I abandoned the cryptic stuff - Is Howard any good?
                              Howard, who he? No, but it is one name, simples, honestly, a child could solve it!

Comment

• Flay
                                • Mar 2007

Howard, who he? No, but it is one name, simples, honestly, a child could solve it!
                                Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey, was one of the founders of English Renaissance poetry. He and his friend Sir Thomas Wyatt were the first English poets to write in the sonnet form that Shakespeare later used, and Surrey was the first English poet to publish blank verse in his translation of the second and fourth books of Virgil's Aeneid.

I thought everyone knew that?
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X