Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
    If true, that might be enough to make some of us turn into horrid wee republicans ...
    Och, scotty you'rrrre a drrrreadful man forrr yourrrr prrrrrinciples!

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Republicans? Yuk! Perish the thought!! (partly biased in that regard!! I still say bring back my ancestral family!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Yes, I remember this. He made the statement more-or-less at the same time as the film The Madness of King George came out, which made me wonder which set of "negative impressions" he thought the more damaging. Presumably he thinks porphyria a better "image" than foundng the Royal Society, the Royal Observatory, the Royal Academy, the Poet Laureate, the Master of the Monarch's Music, Astronomer Royal ...
        Porphyria, a dominant gene, disappeared abruptly from the royal family with Queen Victoria. We've been here before on other threads. Medical evidence suggests it is highly likely that Queen Victoria's father was not Edward Duke of Kent, but rather either her mother's secretary Sir John Conroy, or A.N.Other. For a full discussion see "The Victorians" by another AN, Wilson. By the same token she was a carrier for haemophilia, an herediatary disease for which her mother was not a carrier and for which there are no cases in her mother's family going back 17 generations.

So sorry but Charles doesn't have Stuart forebears, or not in the way he or any of them think.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Och, scotty you'rrrre a drrrreadful man forrr yourrrr prrrrrinciples!
          What a funny language is Welsh ... ...

Comment

• Pianorak
            • Nov 2010

What a funny language is Welsh ... ...
            Fyddai neb yn anghytuno â chi fan'na.
            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              There is an awful lot of stuff being broadcast and put out on film about the monarchy these days.
              Its all part of the BBC's left wing agenda to turn us all into tofu eating lesbians from Totnes !

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

i wanna be a jamaican!

Those who are promoting this country to the world in Olympics year could learn a lot from the marketing team at Buckingham Palace. It reminds us that, behind the spin and the sentimentality, Britain remains true to its traditional, historic values of unthinking privilege and social division.

Terence Blacker
                Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 06-01-12, 10:54.
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                  Fyddai neb yn anghytuno â chi fan'na.
                  According to my trusty online Welsh translator that reads .. 'He were to be anyone disagreeing he goes you delicate '

Certainly couldn't argue with that ...

Comment

• Pianorak
                    • Nov 2010

According to my trusty online Welsh translator that reads .. 'He were to be anyone disagreeing he goes you delicate '

Certainly couldn't argue with that ...
                    Hmm, machine translator, not so trusty - how about: Nobody would disagree with you there!
                    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• mangerton
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                      Hmm, machine translator, not so trusty - how about: Nobody would disagree with you there!
                      I prefer scottycelt's version.

I had a few days in Wales several years ago. I found it rather disconcerting to sit in the hotel bar and hear all the locals talking a foreign language.

Though I suppose I could go to Glasgow or Aberdeen and experience the same thing.

Comment

• Pianorak
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                        I prefer scottycelt's version.

I had a few days in Wales several years ago. I found it rather disconcerting to sit in the hotel bar and hear all the locals talking a foreign language.

Though I suppose I could go to Glasgow or Aberdeen and experience the same thing.
                        If it was a foreign language it obviously wasn't Welsh!

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                          • Nov 2010

I was shattered to learn yesterday that an actor with 28 years experience has left the cast of Pobl y Cwm, the notorious Welsh soap opera. This must be a disappointment to thousands.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                            I was shattered to learn yesterday that an actor with 28 years experience has left the cast of Pobl y Cwm, the notorious Welsh soap opera. This must be a disappointment to thousands.
                            'Notorious' in what sense Ff? I have a cousin who was a PyC regular

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              'Notorious' in what sense Ff? I have a cousin who was a PyC regular
                              Dear Ammy, dinnae fret yersel! People love to poke fun at the Welsh, we know that they are only living on the peninsular called England and Scotland which is adjoined to the mainland of Wales!
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-12, 17:46. Reason: speyling

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Dear Ammy, dinnae fret yersel! People love to poke fun at the Welsh, we know that they are only living on the peninsular called England and Scotland which is adjoined to the mainland of Wales!

Comment

Working...
                                X