Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rauschwerk
    • Nov 2010

Prompted by this thread, I'm working my way through these series, courtesy of Lovefilm. I find them most enjoyable, though my daughter (who was born at about the time of Series 1) is very bored by it all. It's not in the least like contemporary TV drama, is it? For a start, there is no background music.

I notice that most episodes are by James Mitchell: the ones that aren't (Sid Chaplin's name cropped up once) are not as good in my opinion. I love David Fanshawe's rather Stravinskian take on Dance to your Daddy, and the way Alex Glasgow sings it.

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rauschwerk View Post
      Prompted by this thread, I'm working my way through these series, courtesy of Lovefilm. I find them most enjoyable, though my daughter (who was born at about the time of Series 1) is very bored by it all. It's not in the least like contemporary TV drama, is it? For a start, there is no background music.

I notice that most episodes are by James Mitchell: the ones that aren't (Sid Chaplin's name cropped up once) are not as good in my opinion. I love David Fanshawe's rather Stravinskian take on Dance to your Daddy, and the way Alex Glasgow sings it.
      Yes rauschwerk, I turn more and more to the old series for a refreshing change and luckily my local cousins have a fine stock of DVDs that I can borrow.

And I am watching some of my old ballet Videos when i have time, difficult to find as the ink on the boxes has faded but...they usually turn up somewhere.

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
        She was very good in the 1980s series A Very Peculiar Practice...
        It was brilliant, and I don't think it's ever been repeated. Why not?

Comment

Working...
        X